Nov. Butt Rotation Check In

I decided to insert a rest day. My legs are fried after yesterday (Subbed Butts and Guts) and I don't think there was a way to do To The Max (which I will sub for Crossfire.) So I'm giving my legs a partial Cathe break, but hitting the gym at work for a long walk or elliptical at lunch. TTM will be tomorrow, instead.

YEAH IT'S FRIDAY AND MY DAY OFF!!!

How is everyone doing today???? Hope everyone has recooperated from illness and injury.

Did Rockout Knockout last night, and because of all the talk about the 100 rep glute raises (thank you very much), I added that in as well. Haven't done the glutes raises in awhile, and forgot what poundage I had previously used. Went a little heavier than I should have (44#'s). At the end, I felt a little pressure in both my knees. Need to back off a few pounds next time. I do feel the DOMS in my butt today!!! I love those DOM'S!!!

This morning I did Cross Fire Extreme. Those extra tabatas at the end had me screaming. Then to continue on with the 100 rep challenge, I added the 100 rep tricep extensions. Again I over estimated what weight to use, went heavier than I should have and had to switch weights halfway through. Major burn in the triceps, but in a fabulous way!!!

Tomorrow will be Great Glutes. Isn't that the one where Cathe does about 500 pizza presses??? The first time I did it I wore ankle weights, and was cursing the entire time. Won't be making that mistake tomorrow :confused:.

Just for the record, I am not a person that likes to get on the scale. Puts me in a funky mood if the number doesn't match what I think it should. I really let my pants tell the story, and they are telling me something good. My snug pants are fitting great (insert "happy dance" here)!! I hope you are all seeing positive results as well!!! This is a HARD rotation, and I am so proud that I/we are sticking to this. I feel empowered over my butt & hips!!! Keep up the great work ladies, we are in this till the end....

Mary

IM BACK!!!

Hi All,
Well yesturday I did Cross Fire and today it was Great Glutes Extreme. Super happy to be back at it!

Tomorrow will be Supercuts and I'm going to add on Walking lunges and hip thrusts.

Glad to see everyone's pants are fitting a better! Mine are too!

Ok - I've decided to take the day off. Completely off. Wake up refreshed and ready to push through to my weigh in on Tuesday! Hopefully I'm retaining some water from all the leg work, and that will start to flush out. Grrr. Drinking lots of water as I type.

Hi All,
Well yesturday I did Cross Fire and today it was Great Glutes Extreme. Super happy to be back at it!

Tomorrow will be Supercuts and I'm going to add on Walking lunges and hip thrusts.

Glad to see everyone's pants are fitting a better! Mine are too!

hrcfitness-you do realize you're to do the BBW work too? You are in for quite a workout if you do all of that!

Beth

I did Great Glutes today. How fun are the ball toss ups? I love this workout. I did use ankle weights for the floor and did almost all the reps. My buns are feeling sore now! Sundays I line up the workouts for the week and at this point we only have one left for this week! This is such a good rotation. Glad I joined.

Beth

Good Morning!!

Just finished the Great Glutes Extreme premix. I know I said in an earlier post that I wasn't going to use leg weights for the floor work, but Beth just had to say that she used the weights for the floor portion, so I went for it. I'm beginning to think that this is one of my favorite leg workouts. It gets you good everywhere in the lower body. Continuing on with the 100 rep challenge, I did the 100 rep bicep curls. This week was very light on upper body, so I'm just trying to incorporate the 100 reps when time allows.

Well, I must move the mountain today, so everybody enjoy your weekend, rest up and we'll talk soon...

Mary

Good job using some ankle weights, Mary. Like I said I used them, but I did not finish all the reps. Something to work toward. I have to say again I think Great Glutes is great. It's definitely one of my top 10 Cathe workouts. It's just the right amount of time, it's fun, and it worked my glutes!

Today I finished week three with Super Cuts and the BBW. Super Cuts is growing on me. Each time I do it I like it better and I modify the parts that I just can't do-like band chest flys and band triceps. I just do them with weights. Also, I only get about 5 sets done of the last exercise-sit ups and push ups. I just can't seem to go as fast as Cathe and the gang. Always room for me to grow-lol.

What is everyone thinking about doing during December? I'm kind of bummed there's only 1 more week left. I might do it over again and just sub in different workouts when applicable. I might try another Cathe rotation. Any suggestions?!

Have a relaxing day off tomorrow. I am!

Beth

Happy Saturday. Finished my Super Cuts workout. Instead of the BBW today I did the Hip Thrust Challenge and increased my weight from 40 to 45 lbs. Wow what a difference a few pounds made. I might fit the BBW in later. After doing the hip thrusts I was in so much pain (good pain) I would have never been able to do it then.

Mary glad Beth motivated you into using leg weights. I love it.

Keep up all the good work!!!

Hello! Yesterday I did Great Glutes and this morning I did Supercuts. I skipped the situp/pullup section...I just couldn't do it. Later I will do the 100 hip thrusts instead of the BBW. For some reason, it is really hard for me to tack on the 300 walking lunges or BBW after a DVD. :eek:

Wow!

All I can say is that my legs are FRIED!

OMG...so in the past 3 days I've done Cross Fire Extreme, Great Glutes Extreme/BBW and today Supercuts....and this afternoon I can't really walk!!!

So tomorrow is REST DAY...and yes Beth you were right I'm crazy!!!

Oh, and I'm on my way out to play couples tennis tonight...I hope my hubby is ready to run around and cover me!!!

Elena

Hi! Just a quick checking as I need to go to bed. But I ended up doing BM2 all upper body which was about 20 min. And I went back to the beginning of the thread and saw that one other person did that too. But I could only do 100 walking lunges. :(. Today I did butt and guts and that was great! I just took off 5 min of the abs to clean up some messy pants, my 2yo is potty training, well, he's got #1 down it's #2 he's got issues with...

Tomorrow is kick max, which I don't have but I do have hardcore extreme and so I think I will do the intervals one, which ever one has more kick max in it.

Thanks, Angela for suggesting to look back in the thread. I'm going to keep doing that.

Good job using some ankle weights, Mary. Like I said I used them, but I did not finish all the reps. Something to work toward. I have to say again I think Great Glutes is great. It's definitely one of my top 10 Cathe workouts. It's just the right amount of time, it's fun, and it worked my glutes!

Today I finished week three with Super Cuts and the BBW. Super Cuts is growing on me. Each time I do it I like it better and I modify the parts that I just can't do-like band chest flys and band triceps. I just do them with weights. Also, I only get about 5 sets done of the last exercise-sit ups and push ups. I just can't seem to go as fast as Cathe and the gang. Always room for me to grow-lol.

What is everyone thinking about doing during December? I'm kind of bummed there's only 1 more week left. I might do it over again and just sub in different workouts when applicable. I might try another Cathe rotation. Any suggestions?!

Have a relaxing day off tomorrow. I am!

Beth
I also feeled bummed that we only have 1 week left. The past 3 weeks have been very challenging, but it was great knowing that others were right there with me. I was always able to push through and I thank this forum for that!! I think I'm going to see what Cathe posts for the December Rotation. If I remember correctly, because everyone is so busy in December, the workouts are usually shorter but intense. If others are interested in following the December Rotation, I'm there with you.. I definitely work best when I'm following a rotation. I may moan about what's on the schedule, but I always feel great after I'm done.

This morning I did Super Cuts Extreme along with the BBW. I am soooo glad tomorrow is my rest day. Almost every part of my body is feeling sore/tired.

I'm ready to tackle this last week with everything I have!!! Hope everybody else feels the same way?? COME ON 300 WALKING LUNGES, I'M READY FOR YOU.....

Enjoy you day!

Mary

Beth I was also thinking about doing this rotation again. I would probably have to add a few xtra upper body killers too. I can't believe there is only one week left. I guess I will see what she has planned for Dec.
I am totally enjoying my day off. Not such a clean diet day, but its just what I need today. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!!

Dec Rotation?

Hi all,
I'm going to follow this 12 week rotation that someone else posted...I'm really wanting to get back to STS. This is only 4 weeks but I have it broken out for a 12 week rotation.

WEEK 1
Day Work out
MON STS DISK 1
TUE X-10 3 SEGMENTS PLUS ABS
WED STS DISK 2
THUR ATHLETIC TRAINING
FRI STS DISK 3 LEGS
SAT SUPERCUTS
SUN REST

WEEK 2
Day Work out
MON STS DISK 4 AND ABS
TUE GREAT GLUTES
WED STS DISK 5 AND ABS
THUR XTRAIN AOLI HIIT
FRI STS DISK 6 LEGS
SAT AFTERBURN
SUN REST

WEEK 3
Day Work out
MON XTRAIN BURN SETS (CHEST/BACK/SH)
TUE LEAN LEGS AND ABS
WED XTRAIN BURN SETS (BIS/TRIS)
THUR CARDIO SUPERSETS
FRI CARDIO LEG BLASTS
SAT TO THE MAX EXTREME
SUN REST

WEEK 4
Day Work out
MON STS DISK 13 AND ABS
TUE SPIN OR RUN 45 MIN
WED STS DISK 14 AND ABS
THUR CROSSFIRE EXTREME
FRI STS DISK 15
SAT GREAT GLUTES EXTREME
SUN REST

Saturday was To The Max, subbed for Crossfire. Then I realized after I did it that I skipped Rockout Knockout! So I just did that today, instead. Added tabata #4 on the end.

Added on a 2.25 mile walk this afternoon. I don't think I will make my weight loss goal for the bet, unfortunately. Eating has been good, exercise fantastic ... But the scale is a stubborn beast. I have until Tuesday Night to weigh out. Tomorrow I plan on going for a beach run in the while my son body boards. I don't have work, so I can focus all day on exercise ... And high calorie burning advice?

I did 20 min of the kick max blasts in hardcore extreme interval blast (or something like that). Some of those jumps squats or pliés kill me! Next workout is going to be super cuts subbed for the flex train. I'm not sure I'll get it in though since I'm going to bed so late. I'm not sure how the BBW is going to go. Do you think it matters of I read it throughout the day or do I have to do it all together? Also, I've been seeing a bunch about doing some of the 100 challenges, are some of you doing that? I'm not sure how I'd fit that in.

Has anyone timed how long it takes to do the BBW?

Hi everyone,
So I decided to do STS Disk 1 today with the abs from Muscle Endurance. I just feel like my upper body has been a bit deprived lately. I think I'm going to jump into my December rotation this week. I'll still add on the hip thrusts and walking lunges to some days.

Have a good Monday.

I managed to do all 5 tabatas today, plus Core Max #1 (except levitations - unlike Cathe, I am only human), plus 300 walking lunges with 8-lb weights (possibly 320 - DH interrupted and I lost count, so I might have done extra rather than cheat it). I gave myself permission to stop after 3 tabatas, but somehow I just kept going. It wasn't always pretty, but I feel great! Hope you're all having an awesome Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.