Nov. Butt Rotation Check In

Hi all,

I just finished PUB and the walking lunges. I used my Cathe vest and got nice and sore in the butt and hamstrings. By the end I was sweating a lot and my legs were quivering. I ended up doing the cool downs from PUB and PLB in hopes of lessening the DOMs I'm expecting. Good Luck with the lunges...it's not so bad once you get through the first 100!

Beth

I just finished PUB and 300 walking lunges. I used my weighted vest and walked out on my patio. The patio is 20 lunges wide, so I just walked back and forth 15 times. I took breaks after each 20 to catch my breath. It wasn't too bad once I got started, but I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow. ;)

Happy Hump Day Ladies :D Great job on those who have done the 300 walking lunges! WTG!

I did PUB this morning, with abs. I hyper extended my right knee yesterday .. not sure in what. I am going to try to hit the gym this afternoon, although I forgot about a meeting at 1pm. I guess it will just have to be short and sweet.

I'm a bit nervous about Butts and Gutts tomorrow on top of all the leg work already this week. Aaccckk!

Does anyone have substitution ideas for:
MMA Boxing
STS Total Body
STS Plyo Legs

Just printed the rotation and it looks like I'm going to have to do quite a bit of subbing. Hoping I can stay motivated in the morning to get up and do Butts and Guts.

Tracee

I did Cardio Leg Blast this morning. Tomorrow will be PUB + 300 walking lunges. When I've done this in the past, I usually make a loop thru living room, dining room & around butcher block in kitchen & back thru rooms. This will be the 1st time w/weights. I'll let you know how it goes. I like the idea of doing the stretch from one of the DVDs to cool down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *crazysoccermom*
Does anyone have substitution ideas for:
MMA Boxing
STS Total Body
STS Plyo Legs

Any total body would do for STS Total body-Muscle Max, Push/Pull, Supersets or MIS. The idea is to go heavy and do a couple of sets. MMA boxing-any kickbox type workout Cardio Kicks or Kickbox from the 4DS. Also, MMA boxing has some abs at the end so you might want to do one of your ab workouts. STS Plyo Legs-Cardio Leg Blast is a lot like this one. Or you could do Lower Body Blast or the Bodymax cardio and leg sections-after the pure stepping segment. Aim for about 45 minutes of alternating cardio and leg weights.

Beth

Thanks Beth and Angela :eek:

I always find myself reaching for my same 'known' faves, so this rotation is a great chance for me to break open new and unused workouts.

Bad me

I am so sorry, I was pulled on to the mid shift at work for the last few days and have not been able to post and have been grabbing whatever video I can fit before crashing. Glad that others have jumped in and you have a lively gang fellow butt rotators / rotationites? :eek:

Ellen

Ok...this is a double check in. Last night I did cardio leg blast and today I substituted with the upper body premix from 4DS. The 300 walking lunges were definitely a challenge. I lost count a couple of times and my legs were like jello when it was over. I love Butts and Guts and I'm looking forward to that next.

Hey crazysoccermom (love the name)....I agree with the poster who I said that Cardio leg Blast is very similar. That being said... Plyo legs is great if you could get your hands on one of those DVDs it is totally worth it!

Well, in spite of my objections I did PUB today and I really liked it! I guess I just haven't done it in a while and must have had a bad day the last time I did it.

Then I also did the 300 walking lunges! I am so stoked that I was even able to do them because for some reason I was totally psyched out about it. My workout space is in my garage (mild California winters) with my flat screen, padded floor and everything...so I opened my automatics garage door and did 10 walking lunges from the back wall of my garage to the end of my driveway then turned around and did ten more back to the wall...and I did it 15 times....

I just decided...O what the heck....I don't care what my neighbors think! :eek: the more I did the bolder I got! And I live in a common on a little court! It was fun just for the challenge of doing it when people might see! Yeah my legs were screamin ladies!

ellenj73....I really like the name you gave us: fellow butt rotators....what a hoot!

Sincerely,
A fellow butt rotator,

Last edited:
I am going to try this again. I tried to check in last night but I don't see it anywhere. To catch up: I have completed cardio leg blast but had to substitute the upper body premix from 4DS instead of PUB. The 300 walking lunges started out fine but by the end I was like jello. But it was a great feeling of accomplishment. I love Butts and guts and can't wait for that today.

Hello Fellow Butt Rotators (Love It!!)

I am a day behind most doing this rotation, so I finished Cardio Leg Blast last night and added on an 8 minute segment from Ab Hits. I am looking forward to PUB with the walking lunges tonight. I have a large basement, so I don't think I will have a problem doing all the lunges around my workout space. I thought about lunging outside (I have about 3 acres with woods on the perimeter) but it is bow hunting season here in Michigan, and it's dark when I get home from work, so I have a fear that I may be mistaken for a deer
icon9.gif
icon9.gif

This check-in is so necessary for me right now. Getting acclimated to the colder weather, along with the time change always puts me in a bit of a Fall Funk!! Thanks for the motivation ladies, you all ROCK....

Mary

Hey All,
So today was PUB for me plus the lunges (I did 100) and then I did the hip thrust challenge.

I'm going to get back on track with all of you tomorrow with Butts and Gutts. Love that one...I feel like I should order another DVD in case some day I wear this one out!

Have a great day
Elena
Fellow Butt gal!

Hello Fellow Butt Rotators (Cute Name)

Just finished Butts & Guts & Abs. Let me just say WOW. It was tough but I got through it. Just the mere thought of another lunge was scary after yesterday, but after a few it wasn't so bad.

Have a great day and a great workout.

Hey crazysoccermom (love the name)....I agree with the poster who I said that Cardio leg Blast is very similar. That being said... Plyo legs is great if you could get your hands on one of those DVDs it is totally worth it!

I didn't really know what crazy was until my daughter started doing competitive gymnastics! She's now there 15 hours a week and still loves it. Trying to balance soccer and gymnastics for the two kids is now my new crazy!

I will definitely add Plyo Legs onto my 'must get' list. Thanks!

Fellow Butt Rotators:

Today I was on Butts and Guts. I didn't do the walking lunges yesterday for two reasons - give my knee a chance to recover after hyperextending it on Tues, and because I was scared of following that with the Butts and Guts today. As it was, I still skipped out of a few low ends! I ran out of time with floorwork, but did some of it, but quit that to add in some standing ab work before it was time for the shower.

A bit worried about surviving KickMax tomorrow!

Hello Fellow Butt Rotators (Cute Name)

Just finished Butts & Guts & Abs. Let me just say WOW. It was tough but I got through it. Just the mere thought of another lunge was scary after yesterday, but after a few it wasn't so bad.

Have a great day and a great workout.

Yeah, I have been scared to do B&G today. I am a bit some from the 300 walking lunges yesterday. It is 1230 now, just got home from work...am thinking I will start BG at 115. Gonna have to pray myself through this one!

I was sore from yesterday's walking lunges, but I did B&G anyway. I usually don't like to workout more than 1 hour, but I did the whole thing. It wasn't too bad, but I was dog tired at the end. Just take it a day (or a workout) at a time.

Yeah, I have been scared to do B&G today. I am a bit some from the 300 walking lunges yesterday. It is 1230 now, just got home from work...am thinking I will start BG at 115. Gonna have to pray myself through this one!

How did you do with your workout? I am just walking around the house cleaning....too painful to sit at this point. ha!!!

I just sat down after finishing B$G and my shower... As you all well know from personal experience...it was tough! I am hurting now and it is not even tomorrow yet:p

I am actually looking forward to doing kickboxing tomorrow so I can lay off the boot even just a bit!

I did cut it short a bit and did not do all the floor work because 1) I don't normally like floor work anyway 2) I have to pick up my daughter from school right now and then have PT conferences and wanted time to get myself together...and 3) my butt and quads were fried anyway!

Ta! For now gotta go...will check in later

Love and blessing to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.