Not hardcore but trying

I got the email for STS2 about 5 weeks ago and it inspired me to work out again. I also started a diet. I thought to go back to STS to get ready for STS2. I did the first two and then stopped. I did at least stick to the diet. Down 5 pounds and at 72 and always watching calories, that is pretty fast. I received STS2 today and will probably play around with it until a rotation is posted. Since I haven't posted since March 2011, I haven't kept up with other threads. Can I be honest and say that most of the women posting intimidate me. They seem to like working out. It takes me a lot of effort to start a workout even though I don't mind doing it. I usually get around to workout at 11pm. Since this is the Cathe site probably everyone is more hardcore, but if you need more encouragement please post here. Joan
I’m far from hard core-I’m 56 and try to work out daily since it’s like a hobby for me but I dabble in everything-from Cathe to Barre style and Kundalini yoga-I’m hard on myself,rather then Hard Core-I also feel that my workouts are mediocre compared to others who use heavy weights and work out for hours -I also feel that something is always better then nothing and we should never compare ourself to others.It’s funny how our Grandmothers looked old at 50 but today Women can defy their age-my Mom is 80 and beat aggressive Breast Cancer and also has post polio syndrome but is at the Gym using a treadmill daily.We should all just try out best daily and just enjoying excercise is the first step-my friend who’s my age despises excercise and she already has osteoporosis and bad joints and struggles to even walk.Be proud that you are able to move/that’s what keeps us young

I agree. I wonder if Cathe scares off newcomers with the weights she uses. Even though she is advanced, I believe her instructions are so good a beginner could follow her with much lower weights.

I lowered my weights a little tonight for biceps. I'm glad I did. I'm not sure I can lift even my coffee cup tomorrow. Why do they have triceps right after biceps?

Hello All!

Joan's post pretty much sums up my experience. I joined in 2008, right before my life went upside down so I vanished until 2017 when I declared, "I'm Back". Then moms dementia required 24/7 care and I disappeared again. Mom went home to glory last year and I'm not going to declare anything. I found most of my Cathe tapes and the last one I bought was in 2007! I found a working dvd player and plopped in StretchMax and it felt good. I did a in home walking tape followed up by MuscleMax upperbody premix. Was shocked that I saved my logon credentials in my password manger and boy what a neat username I came up with.

Hope everyone has a strong and intentional day!

I’m far from hard core-I’m 56 and try to work out daily since it’s like a hobby for me but I dabble in everything-from Cathe to Barre style and Kundalini yoga-I’m hard on myself,rather then Hard Core-I also feel that my workouts are mediocre compared to others who use heavy weights and work out for hours -I also feel that something is always better then nothing and we should never compare ourself to others.It’s funny how our Grandmothers looked old at 50 but today Women can defy their age-my Mom is 80 and beat aggressive Breast Cancer and also has post polio syndrome but is at the Gym using a treadmill daily.We should all just try out best daily and just enjoying excercise is the first step-my friend who’s my age despises excercise and she already has osteoporosis and bad joints and struggles to even walk.Be proud that you are able to move/that’s what keeps us young
Ditto!!!

eternal-health welcome and I hope you ( or anyone else) will post with me so we can both continue exercising forever. I really do feel better since I am back to lifting.

Today was the start of week 8 with triceps. I really like STS2. I'm not sure if I will do a second 12 week next or a rotation with the lite series.

There is so much variety in STS 2 that I don't think I would get tired of it and could probably up the weights next time.

eternal-health welcome and I hope you ( or anyone else) will post with me so we can both continue exercising forever. I really do feel better since I am back to lifting.

Today was the start of week 8 with triceps. I really like STS2. I'm not sure if I will do a second 12 week next or a rotation with the lite series.

There is so much variety in STS 2 that I don't think I would get tired of it and could probably up the weights next time.
I usually don’t follow programs anymore-after doing P90 X years ago,I was so sick of it by the end,that I sold it.I love Cathe and have many of her strength DVDS-her cardio is a little too challenging for me-especially anything where you have to jump on and off a step.Even when I love a trainer,I need variety -I have a huge collection of DVDs and excercise gadgets/I was always hard on myself and would feel guilty if my workouts weren’t real crazy hard,but now I’ve learned to enjoy movement ,rather then try to achieve these lofty fitness goals-I’m trying to accept that my post menopause body has a mind of its own and I may never fit into my skinny jeans again

I don't do Cathe's step either. I have a lot of her step dvd's because I bought a set of all her dvd's years ago. If I put one on I have a low step and just move a little faster than if I was walking and not following the routine. Most of my cardio is just walking.

What I like about the full body and upper body and lower body of STS2 is that they are very aerobic even though they are strength.

If I don't have a plan for what I will be doing for exercise on a particular day I won't do anything.

I did standing abs. I feel more in my back than in my abs.

I don't do Cathe's step either. I have a lot of her step dvd's because I bought a set of all her dvd's years ago. If I put one on I have a low step and just move a little faster than if I was walking and not following the routine. Most of my cardio is just walking.

What I like about the full body and upper body and lower body of STS2 is that they are very aerobic even though they are strength.

If I don't have a plan for what I will be doing for exercise on a particular day I won't do anything.

I did standing abs. I feel more in my back than in my abs.
I usually put out the DVD I’ll be doing the night before but sometimes I’m just not feeling it,so I switch gears-I never skip my workout altogether though unless I’m really not feeling well-I had a freak accident last year where I fell down my basement Stairs and fractured my ribs and broke 2 fingers-since then I have random pain-one Dr said it’s arthritis,another said fibromyalgia-I don’t have the strength I used to or the energy

Your mom sounds awesome and a great role model. I admire both of your will to keep moving.

Saturday is a lifestyle day. No structured exercies but outdoor yard and garden work. I did purchase the STS2.0 Mobility DVD and look forward to including those in my weekday rotation next month. Have a great Saturday.

Thanks for the welcome Joan. Considering the Lite series, later this year.

Yesterday was shoulder so today was rest day. I did the warmup from low impact superset cardio after both leg and shoulder day. The warmup is longer than usual and seemed just enough added cardio.

We had quite the rain storm today, so tomorrow is picking up a lot of fallen branches.

E sorry you have random pain. I'm not as strong as I was before but hope to get back to it.

I am a cpa with my own business . I had to work all day to finish payroll taxes. I started about 12:30 this afternoon and it is now 1:15 in the morning. I just love 13 hour work days. Of course it is my fault for putting it off until today, since they are due tomorrow.

I normally work 12 to 15 hour days only from January 15-April 15 and then only a day a month the rest of the year. I like doing income tax but I wish my last 2 business clients would retire already.

I hate to call Sunday a rest day but no workout .

I am a cpa with my own business . I had to work all day to finish payroll taxes. I started about 12:30 this afternoon and it is now 1:15 in the morning. I just love 13 hour work days. Of course it is my fault for putting it off until today, since they are due tomorrow.

I normally work 12 to 15 hour days only from January 15-April 15 and then only a day a month the rest of the year. I like doing income tax but I wish my last 2 business clients would retire already.

I hate to call Sunday a rest day but no workout .
Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of this week and no 13 hour days! I’m a CPA also but don’t do taxes, not even my own (well, my tax person retired and I’m forced to do my own this year). I Retired from the audit side and don’t miss busy season at all. I do serve on boards when asked.

Enjoyed today but no exercise. Today was my 52nd wedding anniversary. I asked my 13yo grandson how long he thought I had been married and he thought 35 years. Of course his father is 47, but I don't think he thought it through.

I don't want to give away my age (of course I already did) but I used to audit Home Federal Savings and Loan in St Louis. You know how long ago that was for savings and loans. Only audits were two different savings and loans and a nursing home. I would go to seminars about audits and they would remind us to go to the "tax department" for any tax questions. That was easy it was me , so I talked to myself.

Enjoyed today but no exercise. Today was my 52nd wedding anniversary. I asked my 13yo grandson how long he thought I had been married and he thought 35 years. Of course his father is 47, but I don't think he thought it through.
Joan,

Happy belated anniversary! 52 years is a testament to commitment and love and dedication. Hope you both enjoyed the day.

This week I do stretchmax to end my day. My back feels so good after a good stretch. My cardio is walking either outdoors or to an in-home video. Tomorrow is my four mile Friday with my sister. Gives us time to touch base and get in some exercise.

Have a good evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.