Not fair - but if you could ONLY buy 1 DVD???

robyn6002

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I've been reading all your posts on the new DVDs and am trying to determine (my budget ONLY allows one DVD) which one would you buy. You're excitement is coming through!

I've got all the cathe other workouts (last group just the 3 GS, LM, IMAX3, KM). So I don't really have any holes in my collection - so I guess the criteria is just what's your favorite

So would it be BG, LIC, BM2, DM?

They are all winners! But if only 1 and you have no holes in your current inventory:
Drill Max: Its Cardio, Strength, Great for Legs & Butts HIGH FUN FACTOR- NO BOREDOM- CHALENGING-

Drill Max was very fun, but my vote would be for Body Max 2. It has so much variety and the premixes look awesome! The Scrambled Eggs one looks similar to the Imaxes in set-up. There are cardio options, circuit options, and all upper body, too. It's like having lots of different workouts on 1 DVD :) They're all great, I don't think you'll be disappointed no matter what you end up with!

Carol

I would go with either lic or bodymax 2. I have not done butts and gutts yet. But Lic is fun and so is bodymax. I think if you can spend 50.00 you should get both they are well worth it. Check out amazon they are there for 25.00 each + shipping.

Jenn

If I had to make a choice...my head would explode! And I haven't actually done them all yet, so I can't make a fair choice right now (but I have previewed them all--at least once---and I tend to think I'd choose either Bmax 2 or Drill Max...of course, you HAVE to get the rest at some point!)

Thanks! Hmm noone said BG and I was going for that! Glad I asked.

Kathryn - you are SO right I will have to get them all soon - but alas a kid in college (who is now going to Mexico for Jan term), one starting next year, and I did a new kitchen this year, it will have to be awhile!

Thanks everyone!

Before I cast my vote for which you should get, I need to know more about where your weak areas are and what areas you want to target most in the next few months exercise-wise.

Let us know!

Dukechick :)

Hi Duke chick - I'm on the final week of p90x so am feeling in pretty good shape right now. I'll be doing another p90x rotation in Jan.

I'm planning to do GS, Imax, KM, LM and Intensity series rotation but wanted to add 1 more (mainly for fun and variety).

Thanks!

would have to say Body Max 2 .. what an awesome and fun workout .. and it hits all of it .. cardio, upper, lower, core and stretch .. and there is so much you can do with it .. make it so many different workouts ..

Not only are the DVD's only $25 at amazon, if your order is over $25, you can quality for free shipping. That might even give you room for two? Have fun choosing. I ordered November of 2005 and still have not recieved mine. Sigh!

BMax2, I think. I did it in full this morning and WHAT a great workout! I am generally not a person who devotes more than 45 minutes or so to working out so to do the whole thing really says a lot to me about how enjoyable this workout is. The cardio is fun and the weight work is different and interesting. Definitely a keeper!!

Marie

Hi Robynn,

Well it really is a tough call. I did Butts and Gutts yesterday and have to say that, for me, this really hit every area of my legs, plus my core/"gut", BUT there is no cardio in it. I do agree with everyone that BodyMax 2 will give you the most options. That being said, DrillMax has a bigtime fun factor, and it is very different (most like Bootcamp but still, to me, it felt different). I have yet to tackle Low Impact Circuit.

So............I think, if I had to go with 1, I'd either go with BM2 or Drillmax. Also, if you don't have Kick, Punch, and Crunch yet, that is mandatory!!:)

Happy shopping!

Dukechick

Body Max 2 gets my vote. Plenty of options and you get great cardio and strength work. Love the upper body work on the ball.

Marcy

Drill Max is my favorite of LIC, BM2 and DM. To be fair I haven't done BG yet. But I totally adore circuit and Drill Max is my all time favorite Cathe workout (I have all of the advanced ones). I did it this morning and found the time flew as well as the sweat. The moves were interesting and fast paced. The use of the stability ball was novel. I can see myself doing Drill Max many, many times.

If you want something different from Cathe's usual offerings go with Drill Max but I THINK my all time favorite of the 4 is Body Max 2. I love the music in this one, the pace of the cardio, the premixes, well, the everything pretty much! Great sweaty workout with options galore!
Angela:7

I haven't done Drill Max yet but out of the other three I think it really depends on what you are looking for. BM2 is fun and has many options but it is tougher, IMO, than LIC. So if you are looking for a harder workout I would go with it. I find LIC more fun, and it's still tough, but not as tough as BM2. I love B&G as it is tough but it doesn't have the dread factor that a lot of leg workouts do for me. So if you are looking to target your legs I would suggest this dvd. Good luck deciding :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.