Not bad for a former drunk,,,

eaglobo

Cathlete
Since my last drop of alcohol, I have....

joined cathe.com

met and worked out with Cathe herself

met some fun people on these boards, whom I hope to meet at an upcoming road trip

worked out harder than ever before

had to put an additional notch in my belt to keep my khakis up from "embracing the challenge"

helped to get my mom settled into a nursing home, where she can live out her days free of worry

taught my first ever kickbox class

received a more than generous raise from my employer...(Now I feel guilty about going away for a week in May to go to Disney...yeah, right)

I think I'll have a drink to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding!!!!

Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome!

You should be so proud of yourself! My friend is a recovering alcoholic (7 months) and it is certainly a struggle. Congratulations on taking control of your life. I do not post often, but read the forums and agree that the people here are great!

be sure and tell your friend that better days are ahead! No, the decision to quit is not easy, but it is quite worth it!!

Jerry, very proud of you!

What goes around comes around. (((((hugs)))))

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]
The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Congratulations on your accomplishments! There's no better feeling than impressing yourself! Praise from others is nice too of course, but you're opinion of yourself matters the most. May you end each day satisfied and with a happy heart...Job well done! :)

From one ex-drunk to another:

Keep up the good work. And do it one day at a time. You'll be amazed at the progress you make.

A-Jock
8169 days and counting

Way to go Jerry !

What a long list you have and such wonderful accomplishments.

It has been nice reading your posts too - you are a great contributor, especially on some of the "chick" posts:+

Keep up the good work.

Congratulations!! Your accomplishments are something to be truly proud of.

BTW, we'll be in Disney for a week in May as well. That's the most wonderful place on earth. Congratulations again!

Jerry-
Glad you're here. Congrats on your achievements!!
And, Celebrate with some Iced Tea!!

Keep up the Great Work!!

Congrats on your accomplishments!
You are certainly taking your life and health in your hands and making changes for the better.

Congratulations! You've certainly had your ups and downs this year, and you've handled both with grace and good humor.

Jerry,
So glad to hear you are doing well in sobriety! I am coming up on a year in May and although it's not alway easy, my life is so much better without alcohol. I lost 10 pounds just from not drinking, and have been gaining muscle with better nutrition and less fatigue and depression. It's a great way to live, one day at a time. So glad for you, and for me, and all the rest who are in recovery from any addiction!
Life is great!
Lynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.