"Normal" things that gross you out

waterlily

Cathlete
I must be really crazy. There are certain things that people do in their everyday life that just drives me crazy.

1)I hate when two or more persons share an ice-cream cone

2)I don't like swimming in the sea cause I know that's where people's bodily waste goes

3) I hate when people kiss babies on their lips. Too much drool transfer
and not to mention germs the baby may get.

4)Even the Bible story about Jesus healing a blind man by spitting on the ground and making mud then wiping it on the blind man's eyes grosses me.

Am I normal? Is there anyone else out there as crazy as I am?

RE:

I can't stand it when people breathe on me! It gives me the "willies" for some reason. I have to have distance between me and DH if we are sleeping face to face so that I can't feel his breathe on my face. If we are laying on the couch together and he ends up breathing on my neck it drives me up a wall! :)

RE:

People spitting in any fashion grosses me right out. That Bible story included!I thought I was the only one who felt that way about it.! If I see spit on the ground I gag. Honestly.

Kali

Just got vacation pics added!
www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

RE:

- People who share soup...don't understand that at all.
- People who smoke
- Earwigs (the little spider) I do a little dance, get cold severes...you name it...HATE THEM!
- People who don't brush their teeth
Lori:)

RE:

Ha Ha, Wendy, I'm with you on being breathed on. I hate it when DH is close enough to do that!

My mom used to share her ice cream spoon with her dog. That bothered me a bit.

RE:

The pool. I know there is chlorine in there, but I tend to think alot of people, young and old are peeing in there and I don't like to get in. LOL

Roadkill

Gray meat in the meat department. Like I would buy it? NOT!

Obesity

Can't think of anything else.

Charlotte~~

RE:

- Another one who hates being breathed on
- Audible chewing noises at the table repulse me, as does soup-slurping
- Spitting - on the ballfield, on the sidewalk, anywhere. If it's done in my vicinity, I gag.

RE:

For me:

Obesity...goes back to my childhood. Plus, I think there's absolutely no excuse for it. JMHO.

When I see a wife tolerate an abusive husband.

I'm not grossed out by things that other people are. Bodily fluids are just a part of life IMHO.

RE:

You guys are making me laugh:7

1. Anyone breathing on me.
2. Anyone in my personal space trying to talk to me, I'm always backing up.
3. The sound of people blowing their noses.
Sherry

RE:

* People clipping their nails in inappropriate places LIKE IN THE OFFICE!!! Or on the train, or wherever. I hate that little click click noise

* I'm also one who can't stand audible chewing noises. Sometimes even my own:p

* The smell of unwashed hair

* When people are talking to you and they get that goopy white stuff around their lips

* Little kids with snotty faces - can their parents not wipe that up?

The list could go on for a while, but I'll stop there.

RE:

LOL This is a funny thread. :7

Lori--I don't make a habit of sharing soup though I don't see what's different about that as opposed to sharing any other type of food. What make it worse??? Just curious! Thanks! :)

A couple of you folks who hate dog drool would NOT want to come to my house! DH and I let our dog lick us all of the time!!! :+

RE:

I am not trying to be a thread hog, but Shelly...you got me laughing!
Just reminded me of when I am in church on Sunday and our Pastor gets that foamy white stuff around his mouth. It is like he is foaming at the mouth or something. That really grosses me out too. So does the unwashed hair as I am sensitive to smells.

Charlotte~~

RE:

Hey Wendy!!

It's not the dogs who lick that get me, it's the ones with the big long drool strings coming from the corner of their mouths. I knew someone who had 4 bull mastiffs in a NYC apartment;there was drool hanging off what was left of the furniture! I stayed with her a week and was DYING, LOL

Sparrow

RE:

This is a gross but fun thread:LOL
I have endured:

*orientals blowing their nose in the bathroom sinks (come on,don't they see kleenex commercials?)

*people walking by w/ major B.O.

*when someone rips one and you unknowingly walk through it.

*tubing the Salt River, getting out and seeing a "floater"

*someone's talking to you and they have bad breath

*when people intentionally burp really loud in public

Just rereading my post is grossing me out.;(

Do any of you have that feeling in the back of your throat like your gonna puke?LOL

RE:

OMG!! Shelley! I'm cracking up! This will really gross you out...

I saw a man on a train in Japan once who was clipping his TOE nails!!

EEEEWWWWW!! Me and DH were so grossed out. x(

Nicole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.