No Squats or Lunges

I recommend Knee-friendly exercises to replace Squats, Lunges and tall box step ups aka. Leg Presses that are hard on the knees.

My doc said I have arthritis in my knee(and I'm only 61) and to lay OFF the Lunges, squats and Leg presses.
So I went online and got ideas for replacement moves. Hard to do when "every" Cathe workout is filled with them beginning to end. Especially the standing leg work.

Yes! All the squats and lunges are hard on my knees and frankly, do squat (ha!) for my lower body. I'd love to see Cathe do a workout with more lower body floor work along the lines of To The Mat from the ICE series.

I agree! I just did the Low Impact Tri-Sets Lower Body. Almost every exercise was lunges. At 63 I'd like to care for my knees and hip flexors in a kinder way and still get a good leg workout. ICE to the Mat or Turbo Barre is more my style

This would be awesome! My foot has a neuroma so I can’t jump anymore. Lunges with bending my foot is tough at the moment though hope this will change, but more legs on the floor would be helpful.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.