no barbell? how

erin1621

Cathlete
so i am not ready to commit to buying the barbell just yet. so how heavy do i go on db for those exercises? I am currently doing a circut like routation. of cardio and weights, low max, and some hiit in there=) In low max she use barbell for uppper body. I was thinking of ordering 4 day split to switch up my rotation for next month. But for lower body she use it there too. Suggestions? I just not sure i have the room for the barbell yet. Does the troy lite come in break into pieces? ok thanks for anyinfo

I don't have a barbell and don't plan on getting one.
I just use the corresponding weights to Cathe's in dumbbells instead.
So if she has 40# on the bar, I use 2 20# dumbbells.

I actually divide by two and go a little lighter most of the time because you work harder to stabilize the weights when using dumbbells.

So very true Cindi1...plus the dominant side can't "bully" the other by doing too much of the work...the least dominant side needs to "hold it's own" quite literally!! Dumbbells rock!

So very true Cindi1...plus the dominant side can't "bully" the other by doing too much of the work...the least dominant side needs to "hold it's own" quite literally!! Dumbbells rock!
ITA!
I'll add they also allow you to modify hand/arm position to one that may be better for your own body mechanics on some moves(I avoid doing overhead presses with a barbell, other than light warm-up ones, for this very reason).
Dumbells are the bomb!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.