Nitro-Tech powder

RachelD

Has anybody ever heard of Nitro-Tech protein powder made by Muscletech. I bought some the other day because the salesman recommended it. He said that it is better because it has predigested enzymes which help it get to the muscles better. It was not that expensive. If you have heard of tried it what do you think? Is it nasty tasting

Thanks
Rachel

Rachel,
Welcome to the Cathe forum--I see that you are new to Cathe by your other post! Hope you get lots of useful information here.

The Nitro-Tech powder sounds gross! I have not tried it, but I've seen plenty of ads for it in the various magazines, particularly Oxygen magazine. I believe it is made by the makers of Hydroxycut, which is particularly scary stuff because it contains ephedra and some other herbs that have been linked to heart failure and other problems. I cannot imagine that the powder is too good for you. You should carefully check the ingredients to make sure you are not taking something like ephedra that is hidden in the powder. There are other, more natural sources of protein you could try. I don't use any, but perhaps some of the others could recommend some for you.

Also, Cathe recently posted that she does not use any supplements or anything unnatural in her diet.

Good luck, and, again, WELCOME!

Linda aka Cruncholi

I don't know about the powder, but I've tried MesoTech protein bars made by the same company.
Chocolate Peanut Butter is pretty good.
In general, I don't care much for protein powders -- they taste like chalk :-tired

Hi Rachel!

I hope you get other responses regarding the taste of Nitro-Tech. I am interested in this also. I think that Nitro is deemed better than other protein mixes because it contains l-glutamine and creatine which are supposed to help with muscle recovery and cell growth. It's a whey protein just like many of the other popular brands - whey with a little extra. I think there's taurine in it also.

But definitely check the label for other ingredients that you may not be interested in or have any type of negative reaction to. I don't think Nitro-Tech has any ephedra in it but it has been a while since I've glanced at the label. :)

Angie

Hi Rachel.
I tried the Nitro-Tech shakes and literally could not drink them. It tasted like powdered water with maybe a little choc. taste. I threw the whole thing away, and wasted about $30.00. Maybe the vanilla flavor would have been better because you could add fruit if you wanted to. I hope your experience will be better than mine.

Hi Rachel,
I think that for the general fitness enthusiast looking for some protein supplementation, the protein powders are all pretty equal as long as you buy from a bigger company. If you are looking to compete in bodybuilding or fitness (or perhaps, star in a Cathe video :) ) then perhaps specific ratios of amino acids would be more important to you. I've never tasted Nitro Tech, but I have had the Meso Tech bars, which are pretty good. The best tasting powder I've found is Optimum Whey Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I add 3/4 scoop to my oatmeal in the AM or mix a scoop in with some Jello SF/FF White Chocolate Pudding mix and skim milk. I'm not much for shakes (it's the need to CHEW my food!) but I think it would make a great base for a smoothie, too. While I'm on the subject, Designer Whey just came out with a new protein bar called Detour. The caramel peanut flavor tastes amazingly like a snickers bar and has 32g protein. They have 21g carbs, but only 6g from sugar, and 3g fiber. If you are looking for a great tasting protein supplement, give them a try!

FitnessRN

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-02 AT 12:03PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi,
I don't understand why you would need something "predigested" unless your digestive tract is not functioning correctly. Even then, very few people need food that is broken down into a more elemental form(and these people are usually in the hospital.) Infants are more likely to need such nutritional support.
Really, that salesman was feeding you a lot of pseudoscience.
Also, (I forgot to add)enzymes are not digested, rather they aid in digestion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.