Nike + ipod Running Kit

jdawnc

Cathlete
My husband bought this for me along with an ipod and I am just wondering if anyone has this and their opinion of it. I tried to calibrate it but couldn't, I'll have to do some more research. Also did you get the fancy runners for the sensor? I am thinking of making something with Velcro on it.

Thanks for your opinion.

I got it a few months ago and LOVE it! The best part was when I ran my first 13 miles, Lance Armstrong talked to me to congratulate me on my longest run so far :p

I don't have the Nike shoes, I just stick the sensor between the top of my foot and the shoe. It stays put and doesn't bother me at all.

I really like that I can keep track as my distance, speed and times improve and upload it to the Nike website. It also counts calories but I am not sure how accurate.

I love this little gadget. Can't even run without it now. I even use it to walk. I am on my third one (in two years) because that's how often I use it. I did buy a waterproof holder to put on my laces because I run in Saucony's. Enjoy!

I have one, too! LOVE IT!! I compare my calories burned from my Nike+ with my HRM calories and it stays within 10 cals or less of my HRM, so I think it's pretty accurate.

love mine

My DH gave me mine last Christmas with the shoes. I love, love, love it. I use it for running as well as walking too, as someone else posted. It is so motivating and I find it to be very accurate. i run on a 1.2 mile track, and the distance is spot on. You're going to love it.

Kristin

Thanks for the great responses.

I went out last night and just put the sensor on the top of my foot and it stayed there fine. I couldn't believe my regular route is 5 km. I uploaded my info on the web site. I am going to go today when I get home. My weiner dog has to get walked first, I wonder if I should include this too but that might screw up my pace? Walking her is like a mild stroll that I could do in my pajamas ;) Those little legs can only go so fast.

Is anyone doing that 10K on Oct 24?

Dawn

I have one and love it - I use a marware pouch instead of the Nike shoes.

Not sure about the Human Race on the 24th - waiting to see what the weather may be like.

I love mine too! I have the sportband b/c I do not have an ipod nano or touch. They also have small pouches that you can get for about $2-$5 that lace into your shoe laces if you don't have the nike shoes. I found the pouch on amazon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.