Night leg cramps

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
What causes your legs to cramp up at night?

Monday night I was up all night with this nasty stomach bug that's going around but also kept up from my hamstring that kept wanting to cramp up. I finally got up & stretched it some, seemed to help.

It's not like I had done leg training that day. I did IMAX2 & SM with the band Monday am. Not something that happens to me on a reg basis.

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it if its not happening on a regular basis and that is a common workout combo for you. Maybe with the stomach bug it was a dehydration or electrolyte imbalance issue. Hope you're feeling better!

Nan

My dad used to get really bad leg cramps almost every night. His doctor told him he probably wasn't getting enough potassium and told him to eat a banana every day. Once he started doing that, no more cramps!

But, as Nan said, if it's not happening on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry about it.

anne

Leg cramps can be from dehydration or decreased potassium.
Which is most likely from your flu bug.

OOPS! Sorry Anne, I didn't see your post.

Hope you are feeling better Tami!

It's not like I had done leg training that day. I did IMAX2 & SM with the band Monday am. Not something that happens to me on a reg basis.

Thanks!

Okay, imagine saying this to someone one of your friends who's never done a Cathe workout before, and then showing them a clip of Imax 2. Congratulations on your excellent fitness level, but you did in fact work your legs that day :D Checking your potassium like the others have said is probably a good idea.

Thanks everyone. I guess the nasty bug didn't help. I am feeling much better today but OH SO TIRED!! Made today a rest day. I know when I get back on track I'll feel it. It still amazes me how much a cold/flu/virus can take out of you as far as stamina.

Thanks again all

. It still amazes me how much a cold/flu/virus can take out of you as far as stamina.

I know! The sad part is....the older I get the harder it is to recover. It's just not fair!
The good news is, I don't get sick as much as I did when my boys were young bringing all those nasty germs home from school.
Now, I catch a cold/flu maybe 2 times a year.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.