News Flash

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Cathletes! I just wanted to take a few minutes to update everyone on a little setback that I’ve had.
I’ve been dealing with some on and off shoulder/bicep pain for some time due to an old injury. I’ve been able to strategically work around it and rest it as much as possible in an attempt to get it to heal up on its own, but a recent struggle with a stubborn jar lid was the final straw and led to a pop, a burn and a trip to the surgeon. MRI showed a full tear of my left rotator cuff tendon as well as a partial tear at the top of my bicep tendon. A few days ago I went in for an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. Rotator cuff repair surgery has a very long and slow recovery, but there was no choice at this point but to go ahead and get it fixed. All this being said, surgery went very well and I am home, healing and taking the time I need to recover. Knowing that I was going in for the repair and would then be out of commission for awhile, I pre-recorded 7 Express Cathe LIVE episodes (with modifications for my shoulder) so that we could continue to provide you with classes while I am recovering. These will be released each Thursday in our regularly scheduled time slot. After a rotator cuff repair it takes several months before the shoulder can really be used for much, so when I return to CatheLIVE after our pre-recorded episodes run out, I will be “coaching” our typical LIVE class as I continue to heal. So what does this mean moving forward? Simply continue to sign in and enjoy our regularly scheduled (currently pre-recorded) 9:30 AM EST Express CatheLIVE productions every Thursday morning for the next several weeks. After that we will transition back to our CatheLIVE classes as you know them with me coaching you every step of the way! But look out (wink), I’ve been told that when I coach my classes, I’m a wee bit harder than when I participate in them (he he he he heeeee!) I’ll be back my pretties! If you have any questions, please post them right here. And I’ll answer them as soon as I can.9D3999E0-9490-4372-A0AA-849CFAC088C0.jpeg

Wishing you a speedy recovery! And, thank you for sharing that with us. I remember the day I got injured right near the end of Cardio Slam, I was thinking when I started the workout that morning, will I still be able to do this workout when I'm the age Cathe was when she filmed it. I know when I see you on my DVD's everyday for my workouts, video clips on Live, pictures from filming updates, I think to myself she's almost super human, how in the world does she do it? You are absolutely amazing and thank you for being so courageous, honest and humble to share with us about your injury and what's ahead for your recovery. We love you Cathe!

Cathe, best wishes for a full recovery. I had a similar injury to my right shoulder years ago & remember the surgeon admonishing me to not push things along too fast as he didn't want to repeat the surgery. So take the time necessary ... (on a selfish note, I'm so glad STS 2.0 has already been filmed ;) hee heee).

Wishing you the best of luck. I too had a tear in my left shoulder rotator cuff and it was horrible. The surgery was fine, it was the 2 months of being in an immobilizing sling and also the fact that I am left handed that made things worse. Just take your time and we will all be here for you and with you.

And speaking of stubborn jar lids, I have a little trick for that! My favorite salsa comes in a very hard to open jar, so I take my green medium tension resistance band, open it up, wrap one end around the jar so I have a good grip on it and put the other end on top of the lid and usually it opens much easier! Medium tension resistance bands...not just for working out!

Cathe, best wishes for a full recovery. I had a similar injury to my right shoulder years ago & remember the surgeon admonishing me to not push things along too fast as he didn't want to repeat the surgery. So take the time necessary ... (on a selfish note, I'm so glad STS 2.0 has already been filmed ;) hee heee).
I was thinking that same thing about STS 2.0 being filmed before her surgery.

Rest and heal. Take the time you need.
Wishing you a speedy recovery! And, thank you for sharing that with us. I remember the day I got injured right near the end of Cardio Slam, I was thinking when I started the workout that morning, will I still be able to do this workout when I'm the age Cathe was when she filmed it. I know when I see you on my DVD's everyday for my workouts, video clips on Live, pictures from filming updates, I think to myself she's almost super human, how in the world does she do it? You are absolutely amazing and thank you for being so courageous, honest and humble to share with us about your injury and what's ahead for your recovery. We love you Cathe!
Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words. Yes, unfortunately most everyone has to deal with injuries from time to time but it’s so important to take the necessary time to properly heal the injury so that you can get back to doing what you love safely and with renewed/reinforced strength!

Cathe, wishing you a speedy recovery and you take it easy....Things happen to the "best" of us, and you certainly are the leader in the "Best" group ! :):) Hope you had a nice Christmas, despite all of this........and I love "express" workouts too !

Take care.......
Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes ❤️

Yes, we really need to always listen to and respect our bodies. And yes, me too, so happy STS 2.0 has been filmed already. Thank you for your well wishes.!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.