Newbie w/ Questions!

peytonsmommy

Cathlete
Good afternoon ladies! I've been lurking around this board for the last few weeks and the posts have been really helpful, especially the one pinned at the top that rates Cathe's videos but I still have a few questions if someone could be so helpfull to answer for me.

Quick intro, in the last year i've lost 65lbs by running 3-5mi 4-5 times a week and the FIRM along w/ diet and am offically under my LTG. Lately i've felt like i'm outgrowing my Firm and am especially not seeing any toning results which is my main focus right now. I was checking video fintess where I found some reviews of Cathe and it sounds like just what i've been looking for.

I plan on getting the Gym Style Series for Christmas. I currently have dumbells ranging from 3-10lbs and a barbell that goes up to 25lbs. I typically use 8-10's doing my Firm workouts. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of weights I will probably need for these workouts?

I'm also looking for a stretchie band that is 6' and am having trouble finding one as most of them are 4' can anyone recommend a store or website for me?

I'm also looking for a core workout. I've never had strong abs but after having my son my abs are WEAK big time so I need something that is challenging but that is doable for my poor abs. I've looked at Core Max but I know Cathe has ab workouts on a lot of her other DVD's and was wondering if there was another one anyone would recommend?

Thanks so much in advance!

You may want to get 12 and 15 pound dumb bells to add to your collection...and maybe add on some weight to your barbell...You can buy extra plates at Sports Authority. You won't need these the first couple of times you do your new workouts...but it won't take long for you to gain the strength to move up.

I got my band on the Collage video website and it is the exact one that Cathe uses.. www.collagevideo.com

I really like Core Max...but I had to work up to that...I started with Kari Anderson's Curl (again off of Collage) and had great results with it...I was then able to move to Cathe's and now I can just do maintenance with shorter ab workouts of Cathe's (off various videos) with Core Max a couple of times a month...

Good luck and happy shopping!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

hI Karla,

I too am a newbie to Cathe. I have been Firming for years. I still like the Firm, but I will be doing a lot more Cathe weight workouts. I just did Maximum Intensity Strength last fri and I am still sore! By adding a barbell to the workouts I was able to go up in weight and wow! what a difference! I am slowing learning Cathe step workouts. I have been doing Low Impact Step, and Basic Step. I just got The Classics vol 1 and have preveiwed Step Heat, I think, and it looks very doable to me. I am really enjoying adding Cathe workouts to my collection. I think I am going to see some good improvements in my fitness level.

Sherry:)

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I just ordered Muscle Max and a band and got a few new pairs of weights so i'm all ready when it gets here!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.