New Yorkers?

Another New Yorker here!

I live in Greenpoint , Brooklyn and work in Manhattan.

Been so busy this week hadn't had a chance to check the forums until tonight. So here's a great big HELLO to all the New Yorkers!!! I'm glad to know you're out there! :7

Susan

Hi Iris! I think getting together would be a GREAT idea! Meet after work go out for dinner mid-town & get to know each other better. What does every one else think? Kathy

I love the idea of getting together!! Midtown would be perfect! Anyone else interested? We can wait for Iris's knee to heal.

Next to my office there is a gym called NY Sports Club. I wonder if it's one of those?

Good point regarding gyms. I belong to one near my apartment, which I don't use as often as I do my Cathe workouts for strenghth training. At the gym there is no instructor telling me what to do, and there are no strength training classes. So, unless I hire a personal trainer, the gym is not that great for strength training. All I do there is aerobic stuff like the treadmill and the elliptical machine. I would like to start yoga classes soon, because the gym now has a lot of them. But for muscle development, I'm hardcore Cathe all the way.

Interesting topic. How do other gym members use their gyms? I may start a separate post on this.

I love the idea too!!!

None of my friends do video workouts. So I only commiserate with my forum friends on how great Cathe is ... and how psyched I was to get my troy lite barbell ... and how much I love my stability ball ... you get the idea, all things CATHE!!! :7

Susan

Hi Nancy! I got the name of that gym uptown incorrectly. Its called East Side Sports Club/LA. I would definitely try taking one of the yoga classes if you can you never know you might like it. I no longer belong to a gym mine went down w/the 2nd twin tower. It was such a fantastic gym it had everything a person could want.

My DH told me the other night that he plans on taking me to Cathe's new gym once its complete. I couldn't believe my ears!! Can't wait. Soon I'll be taking a live class with a la Cathe!

Take care, Kathy:)

I'd love to see everyone, especially in midtown (cause I'm lazy), and especially Kathy H.

I'm the Staten Island girl who works in midtown.

Carole

I'd love to see everyone, especially in midtown (cause I'm lazy), and especially Kathy H.

I'm the Staten Island girl who works in midtown.

Carole

Hi Ladies! Now all we have to do is pick a date, time & restaurant & we're all set. We should make it soon before the holidays roll around. How about Oct. 27 - Oct. 30th. I wouldn't Halloween or we could try for the first week of Nov. How do these weeks sound? Let me know, Kathy:D

Nancy, everyone - my knee should be healed by then. For those of you that are in the midtown area or close by - let's put our heads together and find a reasonable restaurant, make a reservation and let's do it! I have a digital camera, we could take a group foto and post it here - what do you say???

Take care - I can't wait to meet all of you!!!

Iris

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi All!

This is exciting!!!

Kathy wrote:
How about Oct. 27 - Oct. 30th. I wouldn't Halloween or we could try for the first week of Nov. How do these weeks sound? Let me know, Kathy

Oct 27th is not good for me, BUT Oct 28 - Oct 30 would work for me. The first week of November will not be good for me. I will be visiting my Mom Oct 31 - Nov 5.

I don't care where we meet; anyplace is fine for me. :D

Susan

How about Thursday the 30th? I will try to think of a place that is conveniently located and not too noisy so we can hear each other....

Iris, Morell's is too expensive, right? Any other places near you? I know this place called Evergreen on 38th btwn Mad and 5th that is very large and reasonably priced, basically Asian food. I'm thinking of it because they have very large tables in case we need one. Is that convenient for others? Or does anyone have a better idea?

Hi Nancy,

The 30th sounds fine - how is everyone with the date? As for the time - since it's on 38th and 5th anytime pretty much works for me - I leave my office at 5:30pm.

Here's a thought - how about a PM to me or to whomever would like to organize our dinner, exchange phone numbers and we'll confirm the date and time and then make a reservation?

I don't own a Cathe Tee but someone who has one will be our "very important greeter"?

I'm so happy about our dinner "meeting" - it should be fun and of course we'll all share our Cathe stories.

Take care all - have to ice the knee - glass of great wine is taking effect - LOL

Iris
:+

Okay, Iris, I send you a PM. Keep us updated on how many of us you hear from. New YOrkers who want to be included, please send Iris a PM! How would 6:30 be?
-Nancy

Hi there!

I'm at 6th Ave. b/w 48th & 49th. If I can get the dog walker to come twice on the 30th (such a New York thing!) I'd love to join you all! Haven't figured out the P.M. thing yet, so hoping this will do. I'll be able to confirm here if I can make it...

Wow you guys, this sounds like great FUN! I can't wait to see a picture. Wish I could join you all but Ohio is a lil' bit of a drive.;-) We'll be waiting for your report. (Also, some day in the not too far future, we will ALL meet on a Cathe trip.)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.