New York here I come!

soobee

I am flying to New York with my husband soon to celebrate our 20th anniversary and would love to know where the best places would be to shop for some excersice video's, dvd's, equipment like dumbells, barbells and weighted vests etc as well as work out wear.
Any infomation you can help me with would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks
Sue

Hi Sue,

I can't recommend any fitness stores, but just want to wish you a fantastic time in NYC. My Hubby and I went last year for a long weekend, and just loved it !

Happy 20th Anniversary !

Anna :)

One place you can try is Modell's Sporting Good's store. They have a wide range of equipment and workout clothes. They also carry team jerseys for sport teams. Not sure if the city has a Sport's Authority or D*ck's Sporting Good's store but if so they would be great too. New Jersey has all 3 stores just in case you make you way thru the tunnel.

P.S. Have a great time & Happy Anniversary.

Paragon on Broadway and 17th or 18th and in Union Square which is a nice place to visit while your there AND links to many different subway lines. Enjoy!Not sure what else you are planning, but I am a native New Yorker and would suggest you get a flavor for both downtown and uptown. Hit the Village (east and west)Soho/Little Italy/Chinatown areas...Central Park, the architecture uptown...You can take a double decker bus that will cost you $50, but you can get on and off as many times as you like all day. Hope that helps...

Thank you Anna, Debbie and chloesmom for your help and anniversary wishes. I have made a note of the places suggested and I am so looking forward to the trip, thanks again for your help.
Sue

One other suggestion you can get half price or discounted theatre tickets in the center of Times Square. It is an outside booth with big red & white letters that says Tickets. You must get the tickets the same day you want them.

Thanks Debbie, we will be going to one of the shows and thought about booking up before we leave UK, though we haven't decided which one yet so this is great, it will enable us to decide on the day.
Thanks again
Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.