New Years resolutions?????

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:D Have any of you made New Year resolutions? I plan on losing 5 to 10 lbs, pay off bills, buy a car (contradictary isn't it?), plan my next visit with Cathe (which is tentatively scheduled for April!)

1. Quit smoking (01/21/04 is the drop-dead totally-cig-free date);

2. Learn American Sign Language for use in my job.

A-Jock

1. I am going to drop 10 lbs.

2. I am going to learn how to eat, and not always be "on a diet." I need to learn how to have a "Forbidden food" in the day, and not eat like it is a free-for-all the rest of the day.

3. I am going to try to workout 6 days a week continually. Five is ok, but I prefer 6.

Lori S.

1. Run
2. Get as flat as humanly possible.
3. Save.
4. Eat veggies and fruits.
5. Buy lots of socks.
6. Stay away from cigarette smoke and liquor...no more clubs.
7. Stay quiet.
8. Think about my CORE more.

I hate to do this, I always fail but here goes...

Lose 15 lbs
Visit Cathe with IntensityLisa in April (if she'll have me)
Get ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certified in May
Be a better friend
Love more
Read my Bible EVERY day
Exercise
Get a part-time job as a group fitness instructor
Eat fish at least once a week
Eat healthier, period

I wrote them down in my journal.
1. read one book a month just for fun (I have bought 18 and read none of them in 2003)
2. take up running once the weather is a bit better overhere
3. finish the 3 university courses I have before Summer
4. get back on track with my workout schedule and diet
5. stop buying more fitness stuff until Summer is here
6. clean up my garden and maintain it
7. do al the repair work in the house that needs doing
8. spend more time with friends

Dutchie

My resolutions this year are:

I resolve to spread positive karma.

I resolve to remember and honor my own self-worth.

I resolve to remember that patience is a virtue.

I resolve to honor my body by taking care of it.

I'm also planning a new venture, and I may as well share it publicly, since I feel as though all of you are as much a part of my life as my "real" family, friends and coworkers are. I'm going to be taking a home-study course to become a legal nurse consultant. Rather than eventually working for a law firm, I would rather start my own consulting business. I would make more money (not that it's the most important thing - it's not!), and I would also have the total freedom and flexibility that working from home would bring. I need to get out of hospital nursing and off these 12 hour nights. I'm missing Nik's entire childhood, and the time I have with my hubby is next to nothing. Wish me luck!! Or better yet ... since I believe we make our own "luck", wish me good karma!!! And, thanks for letting me share!! :D

Carol
:)

Deborah!!!!

:D I'd love to meet you!! I am planning on visiting 4/14 Wednesday to take the 9:15 circuit max class. Let me know if you can make it!!! Also, if you could pass the word to Francine that would be GREAT!!

RE: Carol -

Carol - great resolutions! And . . .

What exactly is a "legal nurse consultant"? Sounds interesting!

A-Jock

>8. Think about my CORE more.

Me, too.:) Plus:

gain 5 more pounds of muscle
lose 2-3 pounds of body fat
shift from a 40/30/30 ratio to 50/30/20
make more investments in real estate and mutual funds
finish my writing projects
travel across the globe with my boy
continue counting my blessings

Pinky

RE: Carol -

A-jock they can do all kinds of things, from working for a law firm to being an independent consultant. They summarize the medical aspects of a case, do a time-line to help the attorneys chart the care of their client, they look for deviations of accepted standards of care in the medical record, they can help with worker's comp cases or toxic tort cases too. There are many areas in which they can be used. This is something I've wanted to check out for a long time, and I'm very excited about it!! I'll keep you all posted!

And by the way, you go girl with your smoke-free resolution!!!! You CAN do this!! I KNOW you can!!!!

Carol
:) :) :)

Wow Carol! You GO GIRL! That sounds very interesting and a good way to be in control of your destiny! Good luck with that!:7 :7

Thanks Jo!! I'll keep you all posted!! I should have the materials next Wednesday!!

Carol
:)

If I publicly declare them here, will I have to do them? Let's hope so!

3 Fourteeners
2 5Ks
1 Triathlon

and

12 weeks on Eating/Body for Life to lose
10 pounds (or equivalent in body fat %)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.