New Video Fix...

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi! As we all await Cathe's new videos, I was wondering what other videos everyone has purchased lately to fill the gap and how you like them so far. I've purchased/got in trade 8 new videos in the past few months. Yes, I'm an addict, a broke addict.

-Mindy's Action Packed
-Mindy's Slammin Sports Cardio
-Linda McHugh's Cardio Options
-Joyce Vedral's Weight Training Made Easier (2 videos)
-Joyce Vedral's Fat Burning Vol 2
-CIA's 2203 with Terrie Reeves
-Cory Everson's Get Hard Arms & Shoulders

I havent done them all yet, but have previewed all but Joyce's which are in the mail. CIA 2203 looks fun! I finally got down the choreography on the step portion of Mindy's Action Packed. I'm going to do Cory's tape tonight.

I'd love to hear about everyone else's purchases! I cant be the only addict here!

:)Stacy

No, you aren't the only addict! :)
My original plan was to put $ to the side every month during Cathe's pregnancy, so that when she came out with her new videos I'd be ready to spend without a care or thought! :) However, the inner pressure to seek new and challenging cardio took over and I found: Powerstrike (both Millenium 1 & 2), Intense Moves, Tae Bo "Get Ripped Advanced" and the original Tae Bo Advanced, Charlene Prickett's "Rev Up-The Sequel", Aaron Lankford's "PowerKicks" and "Extreme Intervals." A total of 8 videos.
I've promised myself that I'm buying no more videos until Cathe comes out with her new ones. :)

Donna

that doesn't seem bad at all

eight videos in the past few months doesn't seem too outrageous to me. i've also been spending way too much money, and what stinks is that there are always more videos that i want to buy. anyway, in the past two months, i've acquired the following videos.

cathe's ctx dvd
weights first
core first
bryan kest's power yoga vol. 1 energize
rodney's yee's power yoga for beginners (this was too much temptation because it was at my grocery store)
mindy m.'s medicine ball workout
cory everson's get hard arms & shoulders

needless to say, i've spent way too much money! this is definitely an expensive habit.

oh yeah, i forgot one

i also bought karen voight's ultimate circuit challenge dvd. maybe i'm blocking the memory of all these purchases because they make me feel guilty.

I've purchased/got in trade the following within the last several weeks or so.....

Powerstrike Millenium I and II

Tae Bo Get Ripped Advanced II

Aaron Landkford's Power Kicks

G.I. Jabb Warrior Workout

Mindy Mylrea's Jump & Jabb II, Sport Step, and Down & Dirty Step.

Have only tried Powerstrike I and II so far....but looking very forward to all the others!! Working on a different rotation at the moment! :)

Hollie

RE: Alas, a Cathe monogamist . . .

I hope this doesn't sound too terribly strange, but Cathe is the only video instructor I'll take a chance on! (Keep in mind that I'm a s-l-o-w woman with a dollar.) That's why I always spend a few minutes each week trying to figure out new ways to shuffle pieces from Cathe workouts that I already have, and why I just absolutely can't wait until she starts producing again!

Cathe's the girl for me! (Not that there's anything WRONG with that . . .)

Annette
:):):):):)

I'm with you, Aquajock! The more I do Cathe's workouts, the less I like my others! I've never seen better cueing and motivation without being over the top. Plus, I never feel any unusual strains or movements as I have with some of the other tapes on the market. For now, those tapes will sit and collect dust.

LKZ :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-02 AT 09:49PM (Est)[/font][p]I certainly second that not feeling strains or injuries-coming-on with Cathe's workouts. Other workouts, I'm not so lucky with. That's probably a contributing factor to my progress using Cathe's tapes and DVD's! Also her tips on this site and general form pointers- they are sensible.

Cathe is not the type to keep "trade secrets"- I think her secret is hard work and not expecting to make a killing. Also her attitude is against extremism, and I like that too. It all rubs off on me and helps me in my quest to become a lifelong exerciser.

I learned this more each time I bought a non-Cathe vid- although I do enjoy Christi's new Totally Hot Cardio on DVD!

-Connie

To make summer more interesting, I've bought/traded for 2 new bodybars, a medicine ball, a rebounder and the following videos:

Mindy's Strength Express
Champion Rebounding
Body Bar Ripple
Body Bar Hard Core Abs & Back
Body Bar Below the Belt
Body Bar Armed and Dangerous

I haven't tried any of them yet, because I'm finishing up an S&H rotation. S&H is the most effective strength work I've ever done, but I need to shake it up a bit so I don't get bored.
I mostly do Cathe workouts, but it will be a long wait for new Cathe videos, I'm sure!

Definitely an addict.

Sandi M

To make summer more interesting, I've bought/traded for 2 new bodybars, a medicine ball, a rebounder and the following videos:

Mindy's Strength Express
Champion Rebounding
Body Bar Ripple
Body Bar Below the Belt

I haven't tried any of them yet, because I'm finishing up an S&H rotation. S&H is the most effective strength work I've ever done, but I need to shake it up a bit so I don't get bored.
I mostly do Cathe workouts, but it will be a long wait for new Cathe videos, I'm sure!

Definitely an addict.

Sandi M

Mindy's Strength Express
Champion Rebounding
Body Bar Ripple
Body Bar Below the Belt

Definitely an addict.

Sandi M

Hi
(1)powerstrike vol 1
(2)Mindy /Cia: Extreme intervals & the new circuit one
(3)Karen voight: circuit training
(4) Michael Olajide: Fight or Flight
(5)Janis Saffel /Cia: step,kickbox & funk workout
I don't know why I need so many.
Ki

I've been buying new toys to, hopefully, help me get through the summer slug period:

Black Diamond Yoga Mat- I continue to slip on my LA mat after several washings...very frustrating and it's limiting my yoga practice!

Powerbelt- This will allow me to get an intense cardio workout (in the comfort of the indoors) on my treadmill without having to resort to a high incline or intervals (both of which I do, but this will give me even more variety and an upper body workout to boot!)

Treadmoves DVDs- These are pre-ordered and should arrive at just about the time I become completely burned out on running in the outdoor heat and humidity.

Pilates resistance ring- I got this cheap at Marshall's ($20) and I love it (enough so that I know I'll eventually want to invest in a higher quality one.)

KV's Total Body Pilates DVD- This is a wonderful dvd. Throwing these workouts into the mix with Cathe, yoga, and some intense cardio is going to do wonders!

10 Minute Solution DVD- Haven't used this yet (new), but I think that the Pilates, yoga and ballet sections will be great for tacking on to other workouts.

OK...I could now share a list of all the toys/DVDs that I want, but I'll save that for another thread. Anything new by Cathe would be at the top!

Well, you DID ask for an opinion, so here's mine. I don't like Joyce Vedral's tapes, although I love her books. I traded away all the tapes of hers that I had, but still use the books. It's a mystery to me how her books could be so good, and her tapes so lousy!

I have 2 of Mindy's tapes, but seem to always use my Cathe tapes. Just like her the best. I like to be challenged and I like to sweat.

Yep..I'm with you!

Joyce's books are great! I have her book, The Fat-Burning Workout (have had it for YEARS). When I saw she had tapes, I bought 2 SETS of them..the Definition Series and the Fast Forward Series. The workouts would have been awesome if she had SLOWED down!! It's like all she's doing is "demonstrating" with 2 - 5 lb. weights, and she just flings them during the workout. And she's moving way too fast on some of the moves to even keep up. I was like, What the heck?? LOL Oh well. :)

Hollie

I had an attack a couple of weeks ago and got

Intense Moves Gin Miller

Cardio/Strength with Karen V

Reebok Circut Challenge with Gin Miller

New York City Ballet Workout

Crunch Joy of Yoga Sarah Ivanhoe

What can I say, I'm a bonified VIDIOT. And I love it too
:-jumpy

Edith

I bought four new risers for my step so that I can do more challenging step ups and can have a greater incline for S&H.

I have mostly Cathe's and two of Mindy's which I've done ONCE, and my Taebo's. Billy Blanks is the only one who can take me away from my Cathe tapes, and that's only once a week.

RE: Joining the Club

Don't know why I buy these, cause i always seem to choose a Cathe video, but i just bought:
(1) christy's totally hot cardio
(2) christy's totally cool step
(3) mindy's strength express
(4) mindy's new circuit tape
(5) mindy's down and dirty step
(6) mindy's sport step (ok, mindy had these older ones on clearance!)
(7) cia - step till you drop
(8) cia powerbar workout (not sure of the name but its supposed to be like cathe's power hour and body pump)

by the way: i've always wondered about cory's get hard shoulders/arms tape . . . is it as hard as a cathe tape or more beginner?
lynne

RE: Joining the Club

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-02 AT 11:04AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi...I think you're really going to like CIA's Power Bar Training workout. It's tough! I cant comment on your other purchases, but it's good to know I'm not the only burning a hole in their credit card! I just did Cory's Get Hard Arms and Shoulders for the first time a few days ago. During the workout, my arms were on fire and I wasnt using nearly the weight I'd use in a Cathe video. That being said, I wasnt really sore the next day. I cant comment on its effects though since I have only done it once, but I'm incorporating it into my new workout rotation which includes a break from Cathe (I just needed a change). I'm currently following Joyce Vedral's workout in her Definition book, doing Cory's tape another day and then the 3rd strength day I havent decided. I'm trying to work back and chest twice a week and bi's, tri's and shoulders 3 times a week. I'm still playing around with my schedule though. I think Cory's tape is a good investment though but I could really feel the burn and I accomplished tri's, bi's and shoulders in about 23 minutes. If you want more of a breakdown of the tape let me know!

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.