New to STS

sme702

Cathlete
I subscribe to Cathe OnDemand/Live and thought I would give STS a try...however I'm not sure how to start this program! I see where there is a users guide to buy for $25 but does anyone know of a download, or can you all give me a brief rundown on what to do and how to follow?

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Hi there !

Most people start by testing their 1 rep max of the main moves. I believe you can do this from the workout manager. It takes a few days, but it provides very useful information, whether for STS, or other lifting. Ask if you need further details on how to do this (I'm not sure how familiar you are with the workout manager).
STS is then very easy to follow. You just do the discs in order, 3 days per week. The first month (mesocycle 1) is all about endurance. On completion of that, you then take a week off from STS (active recovery), and start the second mesocycle, hypertrophy. Again, another deload week, then mesocycle 3, which is strength (although the reps are in the crossover between hypertrophy and strength). At this point there are 2 sets of leg workouts- one for those with access to a squat rack, and the other using plyo metrics. You chose one or the other.

The guide is good, but doesn't give much more info than you could get off the site. You can print workout cards from the workout manager.

I'm sure others will offer advice. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the link to purchase STS Pdf

http://www.cathedownloads.com/sts-users-guide/

STS is a comprenhensive and structured program. Understanding the concept behind is worth attempting. There are many ways
to use STS. I suggest you use it as per designed for the first time. Those who understand the concept and have been lifting for long
time know how they can challenge themselves in different way using some discs or the full pack. There are many options.
My suggestion is to read the user guide, prepare all equipment beforehand, print off card once the rep max is completed and write
the actual weight lifted during the program. Write down the equipment you will grab on the card --- this has proven to be useful
Meso 1 is fast 30 seconds is the rest time. :)

The user guide is worth reading and does help in completing the rep max. On workout manager you can view each exercice before taking
the rep max. This helped me at my first attempt. Those of us who were already into weight tracking while doing various programs such as
4ds, muscle max, power hour, pure strength etc... Got it easy. I completed my one rep max during a week end.

You will be fine,

All the best:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I do remember 1 rep max challenge from when it first came out and will look for it in the w/o manager.

Although I'm new to STS, I am not new to Cathe as I have been using her workouts since 2005 (since she was on tv!). Just looking for a new challenge!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="sme702, post: 2325755, member: 101205"
Although I'm new to STS, I am not new to Cathe as I have been using her workouts since 2005 (since she was on tv!). Just looking for a new challenge!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You will be fine --- I think you will love it, especially if you love lifting. There is a bunch of us doing it at the moment.
Here is the link.

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/is-anyone-still-doing-sts.301771/page-3#post-2325557

Please keep us informed on how you are getting on.

Welcome to STS sme702,

You received some straightforward directions from the above Cathletes. There's also informative STS threads that are interesting to read on all aspects of STS.

I'll be doing STS start January. In the meantime, Nathalie has a check-in in progress. I'm still flip-flopping over doing an undulating rotation or the original, as it was planned rotation - decision, decisions.....

Have a great ride with STS!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.