New to Cathe

srudnits

Hi! I'm an endurance runner (marathons and ultras) looking to mix things up. I'm hoping that some of you might have suggestions on building a beginning Cathe library.

My primary goal is weight training - but I figure I'll throw in some cardio as well, for cross training purposes. If I purchase the step along with Basic Step + Body Fusion, which of the weight lifting DVD's would you recommend?

TIA!

Hi and welcome. I guess it would depend if you're interested in more split training or doing total body workouts. As far as the Basic Step/Body Fusion workout. If you're getting that to just learn the moves that's great, but if it's for a cardio workout, I'm guessing you probably wont get a great workout from it if you're used to running so much. If you need other suggestions let us know! Do you have a barbell set??

The purpose of the Basic Step workout would be to get used to choreography - right now I'm not particularly quick at picking up step or KB workouts.

As far as barbells go, I currently just have a few hand held weights - I obviously need to augment that.

Thanks for the DVD suggestions!

Definitely Muscle Max. You must get the barbell! :) It seriously is a great investment. I also like Gym Styles. Cardio & Weights is also good for mixing it up. As far as cardio, if you preview the workouts and don't get frustrated with the choreography, you'll get it before you know it. Low Max is nice because the combos are actually broken down in the workout (and it's a nice change from bouncing around).

Hi,

For cardio, you might want to look at something that is high intensity since you seem to be in a very good shape. On the cardio & weights DVD, you have Imax2 which is high intensity but the choreography is not too instricate. You might also like Cardio fusion or Body max 2 (that one also has a good weight portion). Cardio hits is older but it has 3 workouts on it and the steps are well broken down. They are all step workouts (sorry, it is what I know) but once you master the basics, you might like them. Just give yourself time. As Ecossaise said, you'll get the choreography before you know it! You might look at some clips from the website to help you decide. I do agree with Stacy though that you might "outgrow" the Basics very quickly.

For weights, I like Slow & heavy. It may sound intimidating but it can be done with light weights to start. What I like about it (I mostly do upper body), is that because the pace is slow, it allows you to pick up good form and they are great for gaining strength. I don't have the Gym Styles and the Pyramids (yet!), but I know they are very popular and good choices.

Hope this helps.
Nathalie :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.