New to Cathe, need some help on which videos to choose

Bellatheball

Hello everyone. I've been working out since I was 14. I played competitive sports in college and have finished a marathon. In short, I'm not new to exercise. However, I had a little girl two years ago and gained a bit of weight. I had been working to get it off but was then diagnosed with cancer. I'm through with the treatments now and am working on getting my energy back.

I've done a few Cathe workouts on FitTV and she's really the only fitness person out there that challenges me (sometimes too much!). I just bought Cardio Fusion and Low Impact Circut. What else should I look into? I have a step at home and would love to use it even more. As I said, I'm working on my energy levels so I'm not sure I could handle the more intense tapes. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the boards and congratulations on getting through your treatments and back to exercising. Good luck with your recovery.

I would try IMAX 2/Cardio & Weights. It's the easiest of the IMAXes (not to say it's easy) and a good interval workout. You also might want to try Cardio Hits. It's 3 of her older step workouts but they're a lot of fun and the step isn't too difficult (you just have to get past the dated look). Step Works is may favorite. It also has Pure Strength Abs on it for an add-on.

Marcy

RE: New to Cathe, need some help on which videos to cho...

Congrats on finishing your cancer treatments! If you like
step, you could try Step Blast--it is fun, and it comes with
Step, Jump and Pump. For lower impact, I love Low Max, but I
do it with a 6 inch step instead of the 8 inch step that Cathe
uses in the workout. Imax 2/Cardio and Weights is awesome, but
Imax 2 has a lot of jumping, which you could modify. Good luck
and let us know what you order!

Valerie

I'm happy that you are through your treatments. Hope you feel better soon. With Cathe's workouts, you really can't go wrong with any of them. I love Step Blast, Rythmic Step, etc. but I think the IMAX's challenge me the most. Especially if your into sports conditioning type moves. Imax 2 and Lowmax are my favorites. Good luck choosing. I remember posting something similiar to this a year ago and now I have all of her tapes. Maybe you'll have better restraint them me!!! ;)

You made a great choice with Low Impact Circuit. Have you noticed the premixes available on it yet? I like the Upper Body Circuit premix on it a lot. You can alternate it with the Cardio Blast premix and then do the whole thing "as is" on other days or do a lower body premix (I think there is one), etc. Lots of options with it. The abs workout on it is good too.:)

I think Low Max might be a good choice too. With it you get a low impact cardio routine with an emphasis on toning the lower body. It has premixes too that allow you to only do the first half of the workout or the second half. That would probably be a good idea for getting started with it. Using a lower step height for awhile would also probably be a good idea, until you get used to it. This workout gets me good.

Here's a link to the Ultimate Guide. http://www.cathe.com/question/workout_rank.htm It ranks the workouts according to intensity, enjoyment and complexity.

Hope this is helpful!:)

Sandra

Wow, you guys are great. Thanks for the welcome and for the information. I'm off to print these off.

Low Max and Muscle Max are also good.

For intermediate circuits I love Cardio & Weights. One of my favorites Cathe workouts is also Step Jump & Pump... It's just SOOOOO much fun!!! Don't foget that with any DVD you can always do a short pre-mix and them work your way up.

For weights I would recommend Supersets/Push and Pull... I love this DVD and the music is great!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.