New Find...Awesome Online Spin Classes

jaypea

Cathlete
I just got a spin bike, and I did order both of Cathe's spin DVDs, but they haven't arrived yet. I know I can download them, but I like to have the actual DVD. I was so anxious to use my bike, so I looked for online spin classes. I found studiosweat.com. They have previews, little clips of classes for free, on youtube. They kept freezing up, so I went to their website. WOW!!! They have all these downloadable classes (not just spin). I just downloaded one of them (for around $8), and it was super. Well, I only did 15 minutes of it, and I am drenched. Great music, hard core class. If you are looking for something to complement your Cathe workouts, and you like to sweat, check it out.
-Jen

Thanks for the tip, Jen.In addition to Ride and Cyclemax, I have many spinning DVDs that I love. I also purchased downloads from the Sufferfest. The sufferfest uses actual footage from races- very cool. I will check out studio sweat as I am currently injured and will need to use spinning as my main source of cardio for a while.

Wow! I signed up for the free week and did a Speed Spin workout this morning. It was fantastic. The music was pumping, the instructor Cat was really motivating. I will definitely purchase many of these. Definitely worth checking out.

Glad you like them. I have one. It's a spinning workout with core. The instructor is not Kat, but I like her. The music is great, as you mentioned. And, the class is super tough! I wasn't going to workout this morning, but I woke up before my alarm so I thought I'd get on the bike and do a little more of that workout.
Oh my! I have yet to get past 30 minutes!

Ha! That's why I really liked speed spin. I am backing off a bit from my regular routine due to knee and nerve pain in my leg. The speed spin was perfect, just 30minutes.I went all out for the class and then put on my own music and rode for another 15 minutes.

I cant wait to try this!

Thank you for sharing with us! What a great idea. It takes away the boredom of doing a repetitious DVD. I wish Cathe would do something like this! :0

Last edited:
What type of spin bike did you all purchase for home use? I love spin class and take it t our local Y...but have thought about buying a spin bike so I could try cathe's spin DVDs. Thx

I bought a Sunny bike from Amazon for a good price. It's not fancy, but it got great reviews. I also purchased a gel seat...that was much needed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.