New colors for my Christmas tree... ACK!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Seriously! What was I thinking? I have had a similar theme - purple, lavender, gold, white and a touch of silver for the past 5 years- VERY elegant and always a big hit!!. At my annual Leg Lamp party, people rave about how the tree loks like it belongs in a department store - but fun!!

Sooo - flashback to Walmarts clearance last year and the fact that my DS- 7 y.o. begged me to go blue (his fav color) this year for Christmas. I agreed- heck- 12 beautiful blue bulbs for 75 cents!! Couldn't resist- went crazy "stocking up" on the blue's & some silver.

NOW I don't know how the heck to decorate my tree!! Too much blue, silver & white - with some gold and it looks Air Force Academy (my DS's career goal)!! I am driving myself crazy re-doing my Christmas tree this year!

Help!! I'm taking a break from obsessing over the proper mix of muted vs. shiny bulbs... I called my BFF and she reminded me that I go through this every year and it will all turn out beautiful.... but with totally new colors, I'm beginning to doubt it!

Deeeeeeep breath- pixie dust!! Any advice or professional Christmas tree decorators?? LOL!

Pam

Ohhh--- silver and blue - pretty. Leave out the gold. That's where you're getting all wonked up at. Blue, silver, and white should give you a nice wintry look. Add some silver branches, berries, or flowers from the craft store, or some silvery ribbons. Snowflakes and some blown glass snowmen would be pretty too. White lights, not blue. And perhaps tinsel (old, but I love it) if you don't have pets who will eat it. Go to the craft store and get about 3 yards of silvery lace and wrap that around the bottom as a tree skirt.

We did ours yesterday. Silver/gold/burgundy in the living room, purple/gold in our room, and multi colored classic in DS's room. I love to decorate the Christmas trees! Can I come play, er, help?

Nan

I'm not the best at decorating, but I'm intrigued by the Leg Lamp party (and love the movie). Do tell, please, Pam!

I'm not the best at decorating, but I'm intrigued by the Leg Lamp party (and love the movie). Do tell, please, Pam!

I am also intrigued by the "leg lamp party". My brothers and I actually gave my Dad a leg lamp a few years ago, so we have one around. Do tell about the party!!!!

ITA with Nan . . . no gold and it will be wintry & snowy looking. That is one of my "themes". My fav is white lights though . . . not blue.

Annual Leg Lamp Party? Do Tell.........

Please post a picture of your tree once you get it all figure out! Can't wait!

I wanna know what a leg lamp party is!!!!

This year I bought a small, cheap tree to put on top a table. Our mastiff puppy is BUSY!!! I need to hang things from the ceiling or it goes in her mouth.:confused::eek:

Leg Lamp Party

Hi all!

Okay, so heres the scoop on the Leg Lamp Party. We have been in love with "A Christmas Story" movie ever since I can remember. When we lived back in San Diego, I bought a life-sized replica of the lamp. When we moved here to very conservative Monument, CO, I wasn't sure how the neighbors would react to it!

Well, turns out it was the biggest hit one could imagine! In fact, I used the Leg Lamp to get people over to our home as a meet & greet- we moved here November 5th and it was pretty darned snowy and people were sort of holed-up. The party brings people in the neighborhood together yearly and it's a very anticipated event! On a funny note, we received positive feedback for putting it up and TONS of complaints when I took the Leg Lamp down from the top floor window after the Holidays!.. people wanted it up all year!! Silly neighbors!

For the past five years it has been an annual tradition. I put the Leg Lamp up on Thanksgiving Eve and light it on Thanksgiving night- signalling the beginning of the Holiday Season in our little community!! I get all sorts of giggly and happy replies to RSVP!!

In fact, our home is now officially dubbed "The Leg Lamp House"!!! New neighbors know about it before they move in!! LOL!

Oh- and Nan, you were 100% right. I took out the gold and the tree is coming along beautifully! I will post a picture of it once I'm done decorating it!

Thank you all for your advice and interest. Heck, y'all should come and join us!!

Hugs,
Pam

I so want a leg lamp, but DH won't let me have one. It doesn't match the rest of the Christmas stuff, but I want one!!!! I'm jealous. They make little leg lamp string lights, I wonder if I could hang those up on my desk at work?

Glad your tree is coming along nicely. Silver or glass beads would be nice, too. But the glass ones are heavy - make sure the tree is sturdy, and expensive.

Nan

Oh, Nan! That silly Leg Lamp doesn't fit with very many decorating schemes or themes! It's just a fun thing to own & display!

BTW, I did add some of the purple back into the tree and it warmed it up nicely. Still going to make sure the placement of each piece is pleasing to the eye!! My OCD eye that is!! LOL!!

Thanks again and go get yourself some form of the Leg Lamp, girl!! Walgreens apparently has the Leg Lamp Night-light on sale for about $10.00!! Soo funny & fun!

Pam

p.s. "You'll shoot your eye out!!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.