New Chalean Workouts, Turbo Kick

I purchased Turbo Kick. Thre first home version release. It had rounds 38 & 29 on it. IMO, TK is not worth the money. The workouts are almost identical to TJ with 2 exceptions. 1. The music/production quality is very low. 3. Chalene is instructing you as a TJ instructor. The right side is worked for low/ intermediate, the left she demonstrates the advanced.

I read the TK workouts were more intense but I couldn't disagree more. They are intermediate with a few advanced moves sprinkled in.
You could buy TJ and get a muvh better deal.

I have to admit, I'm not a big Chalene cardio fan. I have tried her Turbo Jam, and some others, and I have trouble keeping up- especially when trying to figure out what side she is on, and when she switches to the other side. I always end up working one side way more than the other. My heart rate doesn't get up enough, either.

I purchased Turbo Kick. Thre first home version release. It had rounds 38 & 29 on it. IMO, TK is not worth the money. The workouts are almost identical to TJ with 2 exceptions. 1. The music/production quality is very low. 3. Chalene is instructing you as a TJ instructor. The right side is worked for low/ intermediate, the left she demonstrates the advanced.

I read the TK workouts were more intense but I couldn't disagree more. They are intermediate with a few advanced moves sprinkled in.
You could buy TJ and get a muvh better deal.

Hi Cynthia,
I'm a TK instructor and the live TK classes are definitely more intense than the TJ workouts. The TK rounds on dvd are not as intense but are just as you said, designed for instructors to teach live TK classes. The most recent round - 37 does not teach a basic and advanced side; both sides are taught the same. The intensity is up a bit from previous TK rounds. If you like TJ, you might want to try a TK class at a gym; you'll have a blast! :D:p

I love TurboKick and have been doing the "rounds" since round 9. I think it has been 9 or 10 years ago. The instructor rounds are much better than TurboJam. I tried the TurboJam workouts and was very disappointed. The music and choreography are not as good as taking a live TurboKick class or using the Instructor DVDs.

I love TurboKick and have been doing the "rounds" since round 9. I think it has been 9 or 10 years ago. The instructor rounds are much better than TurboJam..

This may be true, but several TK instructors on the other forums openly admit the first 2 rounds Chalene chose to release to the general public are not good.
I would have to agree. I feel like I wasted my money. You can barely hear the music and he cues are very hard to hear in the round 28.
The first 2 rounds Chalene released are NOT worth $40.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.