New Cathe Step

baylian

Cathlete
I was checking out the tech's on this. Is there any difference between the new one and the other one that was on her site or the old one that came in teal and pink?

Just wondering . . . I have had my step for 18 years.

I was checking out the tech's on this. Is there any difference between the new one and the other one that was on her site or the old one that came in teal and pink?

Just wondering . . . I have had my step for 18 years.

Wow, 18 years! I've gone through 3 steps probably in the same amount of years. The threading area on mine were either worn away or had bubbled up and found them unsafe to use.:eek:

Other than a few minor differences, not much. I think the newer one is a stronger plastic and there was something about the rubber feet/? that was made better.

I wondered the same thing. Hoping the shock absorption is better & rubber matting has more grip. I did end up ordering new step though.

I, too, have had the original STEP (w/pink/purple risers) forEVER, probably abt 15 (maybe even more??) years!! Mine is still going, but lately have noticed more leg/foot fatigue - kinda like when you can tell you need new cross trainer or running shoes.

Couldn't resist getting a shiny, more modern new one! Plus the discount closed the deal for me!

BTW: my high step, which is fairly new, is the one that the rubber mat is coming up, not my old step! Curious to see if newer is really better quality...

I kind of want the new one----I had purchased my husband a new step last year to use during STS and when we got it, the mat on top started to peel (and we hadn't even used it!). He has had to glue it down several times-GRR!

I hope someone posts soon who gets the newest one to let us know about the quality.....

Denise

I kind of want the new one----I had purchased my husband a new step last year to use during STS and when we got it, the mat on top started to peel (and we hadn't even used it!). He has had to glue it down several times-GRR!

I hope someone posts soon who gets the newest one to let us know about the quality.....

Denise

THat's why I'm not getting rid of my old one until I've had the new one for awhile. Old is somtimes better quality....You should really return the step w/peeling mat...that's not right. My high step started doing that after I used it for some time (but not before use!), but I don't really use much anymore so I never bothered.

BTW: my high step, which is fairly new, is the one that the rubber mat is coming up, not my old step! Curious to see if newer is really better quality...

I'm having the same problem. I haven't had my high step for a year yet and haven't used it a nearly as much as my step.

I'm glad I read this thread. I have had my green and pink Step since 1989 and was tempted by the new offer. However, there is nothing wrong with my Step, except the color. I think I will spend the money on something else ;)

Sarah

Do the risers on shop cathe fit the original purple/teal step? Just got mine a week or so ago at Dunham's and was wondering if the risers would work with it.

The new one looks tempting though. I could still return this one....:D

I've had my original step for 15 years, too. It is still in amazing condition (although I only wear "indoor shoes" only on it). I have a sentimental attachment to it, I guess. I also have the high step.

But I have to ask...what discount? Is this a step Cathe has on the website?

:)Jonezie

I've had my original step for 15 years, too. It is still in amazing condition (although I only wear "indoor shoes" only on it). I have a sentimental attachment to it, I guess. I also have the high step.

But I have to ask...what discount? Is this a step Cathe has on the website?

:)Jonezie

Jonezie,

It's a new stronger step they just introduced. How's Willoughby? :) Linda

Jonezie,

It's a new stronger step they just introduced. How's Willoughby? :) Linda

Linda!! Helllooooooo! He is ON FIRE today. Full of mischief! PS...I posted a couple of photos of him in Philly on the Thinking of Moving thread, if you're interested. :)

Talk to you soon! :) :) :)

Jonezie

PS...Our girl's vacay is Shih Tzu friendly, right?

I was confused when I saw the announcement of the new step. It looks exactly like the black club size step I already have (had a few years). is it the same as the regular black club step that was sold before?

After I get done scarfing down Ho Hos, Dings Dongs, Dunkin' Donuts, and Sonic Pickle-O's I'm gonna strap on my weighted vest and use my new step....on the first floor of course.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.