New Babies & Babies to be Nov 29th

melanalyus

Cathlete
New Babies & Babies To Be:

luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck/Raciela - Dec 23 (It's a girl!)
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1
ersikes/Kelli-
Liann/Amber- June 28th
-----------------------------
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (Kara)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 12 (Allison)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 10 (James)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 10 (Titus)
melanalyus/Melanie - Nov. 11 (Madalynn & Myranda)

I'm sure I'm missing people up here. Please let me know your due dates & I will include them next week....and let me know what errors I have too. :p

My bleeding flow has decreased significantly yesterday and today. Since I have THIRTY pounds to lose, I'm going to be hoping into my exercise regimen tomorrow. I plan on starting with Turbo Jams/ellipitcal and working my way up so I can do STS Cardio when it's released!!!! I will doing the South Beach Diet....as this is what helped me lose my weight with baby Jadon. Wish me luck!!!

The girls had their first pediatrician appt today. They both are above their birth weights and doing great. It still amazes me that I got *two* beautiful daughters. :D

Last edited:
Mel- It all falls off, your body has been through the equivalent of trauma. I bet that once you get in a routine, you will feel better! Have you ever tried Gin Miller's step videos? They are lower key than Cathe but are good for starting back up again, and are a bit shorter...
Still only dilated 1cm. Baby dropped, so my heartburn is gone, which is great. I am anxious to be done being pregnant. We are havign all the closets ripped out today and they will not be done till Friday, so he needs to stay inside! The house is a wreck! All the closets contents are in his room!

Good Morning everyone,

I have been MIA but not by choice. I still don't have internet at home. The ATT guy went to our place on Saturday and apparently some cables got messed up due to the new construction that is taking place in the area. They took few days to fix it but they won't be able to come back out until this coming Saturday! Oh well, so I'm typing from work

No changes at all. I went for my 39 week chek up yesterday and everythong looks the same. She said that she is not a big believer of waiting too long after 40 weeks so she schedule an admission for sunday night to have an induction the next morning. She actually asked me if I wanted to be admitted yesterday but I had this feeling of guilt that made wait at least until my due day. I just did not want to rush things. So it's seems that is gonna be Dec 7th (unless something happens before then) YEAHHHH

I haven't had enough time to catch up with all the post but I noticed few things,

Amber, that's a beautiful pic of your sonogram. We got some at 11 weeks but they weren't as clear as yours.

Kelli, congrats on your abby girl!!!

Melanie, take easy. It will all come off eventually. Your body went thru a lot this year. Your girls are so precious!

Jen, which breast pump did you get? Any pointers on breast feeding?

Susan, did you guys celebrate your DH's B-day? My DH is not a big fan of sweets so me and my mom made a nice steak dinner for him. Are you done with this semester yet?

Christine, any action yet?? We're are racing to the finish line!

I'm off to work and will catch up during the day.

Hi Allison, Cee, Wendy, Raciela and the rest of the crew!

Oh Christine, I just saw your post. You know, my baby has not dropped that much, he's lower but not that low and the Dr said that it may be just the way I carry and that is not for sure he'll drop any more. I am still having a lot of heartburn at night. I'm just afraid that that may meke induction a lot harder...

I'm so excited for you gals who are getting close!!! :)

Melanie - Congrats on a good ped. appointment! :) Post more pics of your cuties when you get a chance. ;) Oh, and my due date is 6/28/10.

Turbo Jam Cardio Party One is done!! WOWZERS!! I cannot believe how out of shape I am!!!!! I suppose....after 9 months of no exercise & 12 weeks of bedrest. YIKES!!! On a positive note, I am burning MAJOR calories with each workout....no plateus for me for a while. LOL

Platelets are at 70,000 today!!!!! Which is just awesome news. 10 days ago they were at 25,000......so they are moving their way up....even with my tapering myself off the prednisone (yes, I"m a bad, bad, bad patient). :eek::eek: My bp was 127/72 so not too bad....we'll have to stay on labetolol for a bit longer.....maybe at 6 week check up?

Well.....I'm off to play matching game with Jadon. :)

Attachments

• Randy Girls.jpg
    Randy Girls.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 42
That picture is so cute Melanie!!! I love how the one little girl is looking over at the other one!!! And congratulations on your platelet numbers!

Thanks Amber!

I cannot believe how "sore" I am already. I'm going to have some serious DOMS tomorrow. I'm thinking I can do a slow elliptical "run" tomorrow. 20 minutes? We'll see!!

Melanie- You go girl! You are doing better than me! I've started walking on an incline on the TM. I tried running yesterday and my bottom area felt funny so I didn't push it. I feel like a slacker now. Yay on the platelets! Oh and Christine is right....most of my weight fell off the first three weeks. I only have 10 to go til my pre preggo weight but I'm not too worried about it because I am also breastfeeding and think my body will hang on to some fat. I just need to tone back up.

Priscila- I bet your little one will arrive before his induction date. But at least you have a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't worry about dropping either, James still didn't drop enough even after my water broke and I pushed for awhile. The only thing I can stress about breast feeding is DONT STRESS. I was really relaxed going into it and I think that helped. I became stressed at the hospital because the nurses kept telling me to wake him every two hours and feed and blah blah....but my ped said as long as he doesn't go more than 4-5 hrs then don't wake him. Now that I am home and have a routine, its pretty laid back. I also pump (starting a freezer stash) and we give bottles at night. A friend gave me the Medela and I love it. I still wake up at night when DH gives James a bottle to pump but I found that majority of milk is in the AM. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am no means an expert but I have been doing TONS of research and reading because I would like to give James BM as long as possible.

Christine- Stay in your mama baby John! The closets aren't done yet!

Amber- I know your due date seems far away but it will go by fast when you look back. Enjoy being pregnant! There are times when I miss it (esp when James has bad gas and is screaming, he was much quieter in my belly) ;)

I am slowly feeling more and more like myself and getting into a routine, well, somewhat. I am actually having my first full beer right now (already fed James) and I feel like an adult again. We took him to the mall today and had his pics done with Santa. He did great and I will post them as soon as DH is done on the other computer. He has had such trouble with gas and we were thinking reflux but I did some googling and started breast feeding him in an up and down position (due to overactive letdown) and giving him gripe water which has seemed to help immensely. He is just such a gassy little guy!

Hi to everyone! Hope you all are well!

Heres James and Santa!

scan0001-2-1.jpg

Good Morning ladies,

Jen, that pic is just too cute. I love it! Thanks for your words. I truly hope I can go into labor on my own before Sunday. I am trying to walk a lot and stay active but if nothing happens I'll be glad to have him in my arms by Monday. This friday is my last day of work and I want to spend as much time as I can with him before I have to come back to work six weeks after. I'll be buying the Medela breast pump, a friend of mine told me to get it now and get used to it before giivng birth, so I probably buy tonight.

Melanie, your girls look strong. They don't look like preemies at least in that last pics you posted. You are truly blessed! I'm glad that your platelets and BP are heading in the right direction!

Waves to everyone!

Thanks, Precilla! My girls ARE strong!!! They both can hold their weight on their legs already. I'm so proud of them!!!

Just finished 20 minutes of elliptical (1.75 miles). The first 8 minutes were rough....the rest of the workout was therapeutic. I cried through most of it. Cries of joy & stress release. Felt AWESOME! Can't wait to do it again!!!!

As a special inspiration, I went ahead and ordered Insanity for myself......LOL

My Dad is getting some medical results tomorrow. The parents are concerned that it might be cancer. Please pray for our family. My mom was/is supposed to come visit us on Friday. I haven't seen her in years....I was really looking forward to some time with her....

Melanie- I hope that it is not cancer and I will keep your Dad in my prayers. Your girls are strong because they have a strong mommy! I know what you mean about stress release. Even walking fast on an incline clears my head right now and I feel like a better, more patient mommy.

Priscila- I was in the same boat where Friday was my last day and James was due Monday and I didn't want to waste my short maternity leave and then BAM! He was born Tuesday! Either way I am so excited for you and can't wait for you to hold your little one! It is the greatest feeling!

We took James to his second professional photo shoot today and he did great! Grandma wanted certain pictures done with DH and James and paid for it. We get the CD hopefully tomorrow so I will post pics as soon as I can. I can't believe the amount of pics we have and he is only three weeks old!

Well, my Dad was diagnosed with esophagus cancer today. :( They will need to see how extensive the cell damage is & get a treatment plan. It's his birthday today...not a good present. I'm trying not to worry......and I'm so disappointed that my mom won't be visiting us now. We sent her a plane ticket...she was supposed to arrive tomorrow for 10 days.

I nursed both the girls at the same time today....twice. Held them in the football hold. My boobs are GIGANTIC and super full. I've hit the double "D" mark...and they are super sore to the touch. The girls have been working them hard. LOL It should be better within a couple days or so. :p

Workout today was 2.25 miles on elliptical....took it easy (30 minutes). It's increidibly therapeutic at this point...I cried during my last two jogs. LOL

Attachments

• sleeping two.jpg
    sleeping two.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Melanie- I am so sorry to hear the bad news. Maybe Wendy would be a good resource... Have not heard from her in a while but know she is active on FB... I hope that this works out. So sorry... How on earth do you nurse two kids at once. Holy cow. You are superwoman. Sounds like you are in a routine and it is helping. I remember little bits of exercise beign so therapeutic when I was recovering from birth last time. All those hormones are good to alleviate with some sweat!
Priscilla- Funny about the AT and T thing. Same exact thing happened to us. We got a Mi-Fi at Verizon, and it did ok. We returned it within thirty days, after AT and T fixed us... We got all our money back. I needed my internet and forum! Keep me posted on how you are doing. I think you might reach the finish line before me. I am miserable right now. I have period like cramps all night and am not sleeping. The closets were finished today, so I put the hosue back together, and now feel like going into labor is an option!
Jen- You are doing so wonderful. What great photos on FB. You are in a rhythm and have found your momma groove. Good that you took it easy on the run. You want the basement to be healed all the way before getting into a big workout! I would know!
Liann- Glad that you had a great ultrasound. That is so clear of a picture!
Off ot wake up my son and get dinner going. I want a burger. But we will have salad wraps. Blah.

Melanie- I am sorry to hear about your dad and that you won't be able to see your mom. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. The girls are absolutely adorable!

Christine- Thanks for the encouragement but I wouldn't be doing so well if it wasnt for my DH. He has been off these last three weeks with me and been a huge help. He goes back to work on Monday so I will be doing it alone. Luckily he works the night shift so he will be here during the day, just sleeping. I laughed at your "basement" comment. :)

Here is one of the pics from James's professional shoot yesterday. I can't believe how alert he was!
047.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.