Negative comments I've heard about Cathe workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Then perhaps you will notice that we
>are engaging in a productive and informative conversation
>about our fitness levels, our preferences, and our thoughts
>about the "business" of home-fitness programs. You are more
>than welcome to participate in this discussion.

Perhaps you would have better served your purpose by stating this in your original post. Just a thought. :)

Not sure I even want to move this thread to the top just because the title has a negative connotation. But:

These people who are saying "bad" things -- have they ever tried to produce a fitness video (video after video after video remaining real and motivating - never dull or fake), create new choreography (for video and live classes), target "advanced" exercisers, star in the video, host a forum, teach classes, raise a family, be a role model, etc. etc. etc.?

I always say: Be the change you want to see. If you're not happy, do it yourself.

Overall: Any regular user is smart enough to know how to modify and balance as she suggests in every video I've seen.

Summary: Cathe rocks! ;-)

>Maybe it would be good to go post all those things said in
>the OP on the Firm Believers board, since they're the ones who
>made all those comments.
>
>I doubt that any of the posters here need convincing that
>Cathe is the best

They were not posted in a negative way.

You posted specifically ASKING for criticism of Cathe and then when it's posted you run back here and try to stir up trouble. What are you, 12?

*cough*troll*cough*

Hey fitgoddess,

The 1st Cathe VHS video I ever did was Step Max ... I thought it was boring, tedious, hard, and too high impact and stayed away from Cathe for years. Then a few years back, I got some CTX videos off Ebay and used them in the summer for a short cardio and then went outside to finish off my workout. They were fun and intense and made me take another look at Cathe. Now I'm a die-hard fan and have almost every workout she has produced (including the dreaded StepMax still, ha ha). I also modify many of the high-impact moves (bad knees and feet). My sister (and workout partner for many years) and I were discussing recently that years ago in Jazzercize we started with 1# and 2# weights for the arm routines and thought they were tough ... now we laugh at that and are amazed at the progress we've made through the years, mostly due to Cathe's challenges. I think people's criticisms reflect their personal experiences and level of fitness, nothing more. I'm glad to have given Cathe another chance and look forward to her continuing to challenge me. Glad you enjoy her too! Deb :D

I have tried Cathe's advanced workouts and they are to much for me. I have her beginner/intermediates and they are a perfect fit. I think even at beginner/intermediate level you can still get a good workout with Cathe. I mix them with my other workouts and always get a big calorie burn and sweat. :D

The original post explicitly stated she did NOT want to spark a debate. She clearly asked for COMMENTS: positive or negative. She wanted to hear our true feelings. She was looking for information...that's what people do...look for information. If anything, the inquiry came across as a way to reaffirm her POSITIVE feelings about Cathe's workouts. I don't see an iota of a problem with that. JMHO

By the way, Cathe is the best thing that ever happened to me!

-Chiquita

Giving love is a human being's most valuable contribution to society.

Something I would like to add that I don't think has been mentioned (although there are a lot of comments so I may have missed it!), is that I obviously work out to Cathe because of her excellent workouts, but she also has excellent backup talent. I completely agree that there other instructers out there who have great advanced workouts, but their background people are horrible. Either they are barbie dolls who look like they couldn't carry a barbell if their life depended on it, or make so mistakes that it makes me wonder if these girls even practiced beforehand.

Sounds like a small thing, but how many dvds have you turned off just because the background people were obnoxious, overly sexed-up, or just plain horrible and they threw you off? I really think some instructors just throw people into their videos and even worse, dress them horribly so they don't overshadow the instructor. Cathe has definitely surrounded herself with the right people. Jai, Lorraine, Cedie, and Brenda are always in top form and if I happen to not be watching Cathe I know they'll be doing the right move. They look great without looking overly sexy and are very relateable (even though some of us may never reach their fitness abilities!). In my opinion, this helps put Cathe at the top of her profession.

Just my two cents!

>>>>Anyone who does have criticisms of Cathe's workouts certainly isn't going to post them here, where they will be immediately flamed.
And I think that some people are quick to label any negative comments as 'bashing.'

And they should be flamed, IMO.

By all means discuss shortcomings of Cathe's workouts (and they do exist), but have some common sense and class by DOING IT SOMEWHERE ELSE than on Cathe's board.

It's like eating at a restaurant you don't like and bitching about the food in front of the chef. Eat somewhere else.

>The original post explicitly stated she did NOT want to spark
>a debate. She clearly asked for COMMENTS: positive or
>negative. She wanted to hear our true feelings. She was
>looking for information...that's what people do...look for
>information. If anything, the inquiry came across as a way to
>reaffirm her POSITIVE feelings about Cathe's workouts. I
>don't see an iota of a problem with that. JMHO
>
>
>
>By the way, Cathe is the best thing that ever happened to
>me!
>
>-Chiquita
>

She went to another board and posted "But I never see any criticisms of Cathe. So I was wondering if anyone had anything negative to say about Cathe's workouts. If so, I would be interested to hear them as someone new to Cathe. Or is it that there is nothing bad to say about Cathe? Thanks."

This is baiting if I've ever seen it. So, of course, the people who DO have negative comments about Cathe are going to bite. She was just asking for people to make negative comments so she could come here and "defend Cathe."

Puhleeeze. OP - Do something productive with your obviously abundant free time.

"The original post explicitly stated she did NOT want to spark a debate. She clearly asked for COMMENTS: positive or negative. She wanted to hear our true feelings. She was looking for information...that's what people do...look for information. If anything, the inquiry came across as a way to reaffirm her POSITIVE feelings about Cathe's workouts. I don't see an iota of a problem with that. JMHO"

Thank you Chiquita (and a few others who have posted mature, productive, and on-point stuff) for being someone who sees things in the proper perspective. :) In terms of others who have taken this sincere thread and turned it into romper room, thanks for the entertainment, but it's really not what I'm looking for. I'm here to talk about fitness, not engage in games. But I suppose I should have been more aware that this is a faceless, voiceless webboard, and for all I know, I am interacting with teenagers, which is clearly not my preference. If anyone wants to have a real conversation about fitness levels and the business of home-fitness workouts, then perhaps we can start a new thread, as this thread has clearly been poisoned by immature drama-queens. Sorry to offend, but you all have earned the right to be called-out on your ridiculousness, and I'm sure many would agree, even if they don't post that they do. And I'm sure the drama-hungry will have a field day with this post I'm writing now, so go ahead...do your thing, but I won't be watching anymore because it's not a level I wish to sink to. Guess I learned early on what others already have reported that they figured out ... folks like you are here to be ignored.

i'm actually on the oxygen forum a lot and have been defending cathe workouts b/c some person went into the beginners training section and posted how her workouts are a waste of time and not efficient. why don't people realize that everyone is different and one workout isn't going to fit everyone

Okay, let's get a few things straight here.

You state that you have "seen a few things scattered here and there" about criticism of Cathe's workouts. In fact, you went to another fitness forum and specifically ASKED for criticism of Cathe's workouts. I think a lot of us are having a problem understanding why you would do that.

We don't need to be "given an opportunity to stand up for Cathe". The fact that we are here every day, posting and chatting and DOING HER WORKOUTS is enough evidence that we clearly don't have a problem with them and that whatever issues we may have with a particular workout have been worked out, or we simply don't do that one.

Nobody here has been a drama queen, nor are any of us teenagers. We're not engaging in games.

If you want to have an adult, mature conversation about fitness levels and the home fitness business, then start a thread with that intent. Do not come here and start a thread with criticism of Cathe's workouts that you have specifically sought out elsewhere.

For crying out loud, of COURSE if you go to the website of another home workout provider and ask for criticism of the competition, you're going to get it.

>
>Thank you Chiquita (and a few others who have posted mature,
>productive, and on-point stuff) for being someone who sees
>things in the proper perspective. :) In terms of others who
>have taken this sincere thread and turned it into romper room,
>thanks for the entertainment, but it's really not what I'm
>looking for. I'm here to talk about fitness, not engage in
>games. But I suppose I should have been more aware that this
>is a faceless, voiceless webboard, and for all I know, I am
>interacting with teenagers, which is clearly not my
>preference. If anyone wants to have a real conversation about
>fitness levels and the business of home-fitness workouts, then
>perhaps we can start a new thread, as this thread has clearly
>been poisoned by immature drama-queens. Sorry to offend, but
>you all have earned the right to be called-out on your
>ridiculousness, and I'm sure many would agree, even if they
>don't post that they do. And I'm sure the drama-hungry will
>have a field day with this post I'm writing now, so go
>ahead...do your thing, but I won't be watching anymore because
>it's not a level I wish to sink to. Guess I learned early on
>what others already have reported that they figured out ...
>folks like you are here to be ignored.

fitgoddess, i was on your side at first. but it has been pointed out that YOU ask on another board for opinions and you got that obviously,BUT you brught that over here to complain what you were told. that is not good netiquette and i can see how some were a bit upset by that. but your teenager comment was a bit rude. that IS coming down to the level you claim to not want to.i believe its okay to point out the some have said negative things,but to ASK another board for their opinion but to come here and complain about what has been said is just as much starting drama as those that are flaming you now,many who have been on this board way longer then i have.

you cannot blame them on this b/c they see it one way while others don't. IF indeed you asked for opinions than brought the negative side of those posts here then you should have known that is asking for trouble. if you want to discuss what you have read in random post from other boards(without mentioning boards b/c that causes flame wars too) that is one thing but to stir up there and bring it here, its percieved in a way that is not favorable and nobody can really blame some for getting upset by that.

like i said in my first post on this, if they don't like cathe that is fine, and you don't have to defend your choice of workouts. they are your workouts,you are doing, and if you are getting results you are doing something right. many that have negative things to say have many different reasons for not liking workouts. some just don't like intense lifting,some don't like step, and yes there is a small crowd that don't like hard work and cathe is hard work LOL.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://images.meez.com/user03/06/01/04/060104_10010099873.gif

If anyone wants to have a real conversation about
>fitness levels and the business of home-fitness workouts, then
>perhaps we can start a new thread, as this thread has clearly
>been poisoned by immature drama-queens. Sorry to offend, but
>you all have earned the right to be called-out on your
>ridiculousness, and I'm sure many would agree, even if they
>don't post that they do. And I'm sure the drama-hungry will
>have a field day with this post I'm writing now, so go
>ahead...do your thing, but I won't be watching anymore because
>it's not a level I wish to sink to.

LOL!! And over on another board you are posting that the reason you like it HERE better than over THERE is that here there is " no drama, no games, just fitness...."

Have you realized yet that you are just contradicting yourself over and over? People at both (all) boards are smarter than that. Maybe you've learned something today, huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.