Need Yoga/Pilates Outfit Recommendations

Gobias

Cathlete
Hi All,

This may be TMI, but I do not wear workout outfits, but rather exercise in my undies (most of the time in the privacy of my own home). However, I am going on a health retreat and decided to buy a few outfits. There will be Yoga & Pilates classes. Any recommendations on a good brand or what to look for for comfort and modesty?

The only things I can think of is I want a high-waisted pant (so my booty doesn't hang out), tight around the calf/ankle so the pant doesn't ride up, non-low cut top so when I lean over you can't see down my shirt, and a shirt with a tight hem on the bottom (does that exist? So the shirt doesn't go up around my neck when I bend over) and fabric that stays put so I am not constantly tugging at it.

I dislike a tight waist because it makes me feel like I am wearing a sausage casing. I would wear a workout onesie if they made one I dislike stuff around my waist so much.

Thanks!

It's difficult to make a recommendation for someone else. Every manufacturer, cuts their clothing differently, because everyone has their own particular shape and features. Some are long through the waist, others, shorter, etc, So, it really is difficult to tell someone that a particular manufacturer is the best. Maybe the best for them, not for you. That being said, three of my favorites are: Nike, UnderArmour and Lucy. I have a couple of pair from Prana that are very soft, and fit very well. These four, are picked, when I know I am going to be busting butt. They stay up, and fit well. I hate spending good money on clothing, that I'm pulling up after every set of squats. Go to a shop, and try them on, check out what works for you. And........I must add, sometimes this doesn't work. Trying on in a shop, is different than an actual class. Good luck finding your brand.

I have good luck with C9 by Champion, which is sold at my local Target. I also find work out wear I really like at my local TJ Maxx.

I like the active wear from Old Navy/Gap/Athleta. They fit me well and they always seem to be running some kind of sale.

I work out at home 100% of the time other than going for walks outside.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Bike shorts? ?

My favorite workout gear for everything. Yoga included.

Just get your size so they are not too tight.

That's all I've worn to exercise for the past 20 years + tank of course.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.