Need wide toe box shoe with Lateral support

Gobias

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been done to death, but I have very picky feet. I am looking for a tennis shoe for all of my Cathe workouts that have:

-a wide toe box
-good cushion on bottom
-good lateral support.

As a reference, I loved the Ryka Assist XT 2 and think I bought out the very last ones in my size at Zappos, Amazon, Ebay and anywhere else I could search. However, my last pair is wearing out.

I need a wide toe box (even though I don't have wide feet, per se, because it seems that after all those turns and jumps my toes and balls of feet will start feeling numb. I need GOOD lateral support because I have burst through other shoes where my pinky toe is from side movements (mainly shoes with mesh on the side). And of course good cushion on the bottom.

I have my partial zappos basket waiting....any suggestions?

Do you want a tennis shoe per se? Or a training shoe? I have the Ryka Transpire and they do the trick. They have good lateral as well as vertical support. I use different shoes for running than I do for other cardio workouts and have found that the Transpire gives me the support I need for all my Cathe workouts. I tend to have plantar fasciitis and am able to wear these shoes with no problems. I know that Ryka has come out with new trainers but I haven't tried those.

Hi lala,

I guess I really don't care what type of shoe it is as long as I get the support I need. Thanks for the suggestion - I am adding it to my zappos basket!

Just me, but I didn't find the Rykas as supportive as they used to be back in the day. My go-to cardio shoe are Asics Gel Intensity.

Agree that I haven't been happy with the newer Rykas either.

I have trouble finding shoes that work for me also. My vote is for Asics Gel Intensity.

I have a tendency to tighten my laces too much which will cause my feet to tingle or go numb, so watch that you aren't doing that.

Good luck finding the right shoe for you!

Lisa

Thank you for all the tips. I ended up ordering the Asic Gel Intensity, Ryka Influence and Ryka Dynamic. THey should arrive within the week so I will give them all a test.

And yes, I always have to readjust my laces after Cathe warm-ups and right before the actual workout begins. It is a ritual with me. My feet must expand and contract within that 5 minute timeframe.

Just looked on Asics web site to see if they had any new colors in the Gel Intensity 2. Doesn't even come up for women anymore, only in men's sizes.

The Gel-Craze TR sounds interesting. Has anyone tried them? They may be my next purchase! Nice color combinations.

Lisa

I use the New Balance 1211 cross-trainer. I have wide feet and PF, and this shoe feels like heaven for all Cathe workouts, including plyo.

I bought a pair of Gel Intensity with a coupon, but they feel too narrow with not enough support.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.