Need TACKY gift ideas!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hi all,

I need to shop for a gift for the 3rd annual co-ed Christmas gift swap we do in my family. It's sort of like a Yankee swap or Dirty Santa but with a twist. For the past two years, I've bought legitimate gifts (and one year had helpful suggestions from the kind folks here), but this year, I want to go with the white elephant, or worst, gift. Our spending amount is $30. Any ideas? I have been hunting online but haven't seen anything that's really grabbed me yet in that price range. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Here is how we do our swap, so you understand the nature of the game (it gets nuts!):

1. Each person buys a gift (can be for a male, female, or of unisex appeal)
2. Everyone draws a #.
3. Gifts are selected in that order and are opened right away before the person with the next # chooses.
4. When all gifts are opened, everyone votes on: the most manly gift, the most girly gift, and worst gift.
5. Results are tabulated & revealed, and then everyone sits in a circle for round two.
6. In the same order as before, each person now rolls a die.

1 = trade your gift on demand with the person of your choice
2 = if you're female, take the manliest gift; if you're male, take the girliest gift
3 = everybody pass left
4 = force any two people to trade (can't be you)
5 = take the worst gift
6 = trade with the person on your right or left (your choice)

We do two rounds of step 6, and at the end there is goodwill trading.

How about a Chia pet? I have always wanted one of those but they are sooo tacky I could never bring myself to actually buy one!

How about a Chia pet? I have always wanted one of those but they are sooo tacky I could never bring myself to actually buy one!

We played this gift game at my office last year and I actually gave a Chia Pet. Someone ended up stealing it from the person that got it.

I remember another funny gift being a Chuck Norris calendar with all those Chuck Norris Jokes.

The best tacky gift you can find is the one that none of use can imagine or suggest, and you will find it at a thrift store, flea market, or antique shop.

That's where I found a plastic cigarette dispenser that was shaped like an elephant. You lifted his tusk, and a cigarette popped out of his butt. :eek:

That was hands-down the most popular gift there, everyone wanted it! One guy even offered to buy it from the winner, but he wouldn't budge.

Now I wish I had kept it!

Try a toilet seat! I once saw one given at a similar Christmas party. The toilet seat came complete with our local football team logo. It was so funny!

Sorry, I'm slow to get here lately. Thanks for the additional ideas. Too funny! I'm saving this thread as a file to refer to next year. Much appreciated, everyone. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.