Need some positive thoughts

sherryc

Cathlete
My sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer at 49, and is also in the middle of a divorce. Feeling overwhelmed right now with everything and really hoping to get some positive thoughts and prayers for my sister. All the tests she has been through so far all seem to deliver bad news. She has a bone/brain scan tomorrow and I'm really hoping that it's clear.
I know that if anyone can offer encouragement, it is this forum.
Thanks for reading
Sherry

I am sending her prayers and positive energy right now. Can you tell me her first name? It helps me to have a name for the prayer.

Hugs!

Sherry:

I don't know what to say to you. This is frightening stuff. While you are there holding your sister's hand, know that we are all here holding yours, imbuing you with the strength you need to support her.

I am hoping with all I have that tomorrow's scan is a complete and absolute negative result.

Strength,

Clare

Hi Sherry, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I have only one sister and we are extremely close - she's my everything. I am sending you and your sister and huge, warm hug and will send out positive vibes for both. When I'm going through a very difficult time, I tell myself "this too shall pass", so hang in there. Again, big hug to you and your sister.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you & your sister :(.
(I have one older sister and just can't imagine something like this hitting her).
Sending you an e-hug!

Sherry -

Keeping you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. I hope her scan brings good news.

Sherry, will be thinking of u! Breast CA runs in my family and it is overwhelming at first. When there is a "plan" in place, nerves will even out. Many advances in meds make this cancer very treatable for a long time. My motto for life is to just keep picking up the pieces and moving on. Or Robins "everyone has something". Stay strong!

Update

My sister finally got some good news today. Her bone scan was clear! I can't even begin to describe how the relief came over us. I really need to express my thanks for the positive energy and prayers sent my way from terrific people on this forum. Thank you, thank you.
Sherry

Sherry,

That is wonderful news about your sister. It is very scary stuff. I know too many people that are fighting the cancer battle. A year ago in April my sister was diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma. They removed 25 lymph nodes under her one arm and thankfully the cancer stayed in one lymph node. For the past year she has been doing treatments as there was an 85% chance it would come back. She finished her last treatment in July and is currently cancer free.

Having a great attitude and a great support system is extremely important.

Lots of well wishes sent your way for you and your sister.

Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.