need some new workouts

sharid

Cathlete
I need to get some more cardio workouts, but can't decide what to get. I am leaning heavily toward Body Max 2 (looks like it has several cardio only premixes, plus a good weight segment), Cardio Fusion and Drill Max. I know DM uses moderate weights, so is it considered enough of a weight workout that you would need to do cardio only the next day, or is it considered a cardio workout? I have heard lots of good things about BM2 and DM. Anyone out there have an opinion on CF or another cardio workout that you really love???

I like Drill Max, and it has a couple of cardio premixes that use light weights, I just use no weights at all. Drill Max is an amazing challenge, I don't do it often, but when I do, I feel like I accomplished something great!

Another vote for DM. I loooove this workout. I often do the cardio-only premix for 40 mins of great cardio. It's nice because even though it uses the step, it is only in a couple of drills and at times only as a prop.

Really all three are great because of the premixes (gotta love those premixes!). You can do cardio only, weights only, cardio & upper body, etc...

Cardio Fusion is great but I recommend getting that maybe after getting BM2 and DM. Those workouts break down the moves more so you might be a bit lost if you are not used to the routines. It's been awhile since I have done CF, but IIRC, it mostly has just the finished routines mixed in (step) so the learning curve might be a bit tougher. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong. If you pick things up easily, it might be good for you.

Really you can't go wrong with any of them. :)

Go for DM. I don't consider it a weight workout. It's kick your butt bootcamp cardio. It's lots of funs, time goes by quickly.

Another vote for DM. I like it way better than BM2. I have so much dread with BM2, and then when I finish it, I feel like my legs didn't get worked enough (though that double upper body premix is amazing). I did the total body premix on drill max this week and loved it! Some nice compound moves, and lots of non-traditional stuff. It's weight work that gets your heart going faster than a lot of weights-only work.

-Beth

DM and BM2 are total keepers! It depends on what you are looking for. DM is more cardio based, lighter weights, keeps moving. You really wouldn't see a lot of strength gains from it and could probably do weights the next day if you wanted to, although I wouldn't do that on a regular basis. BM2 will give you more options. YOu can split the workout up to do cardio one day, lower body circuit one day, upper body one day, or cardio and lower body circuit. You can do as is for one long endurance workout. I enjoy the Boot Camp Premix. They are both great workouts and it really just depends on what you are looking for. Have fun with whatever you decide!
Angela:7

I"m a cardio-junkie & have opted not to do BM2 or DM often. I like the Imax'es, do you have all of these?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I don't have any of the Imax'es, I only have LM, KPC and KM for cardio. I love all of them!! I also have Boot Camp and really like that one and the bonus workout it has with it. I think I will definately get BM2 and DM - most people seem to really love them. I am also thinking about High Step Challenge for another circuit workout ( is it a little similar in style to BC?) and maybe Cardio Fusion for an extra cardio routine to use after I have figured out the choriography in the other two :). I also have the Pyrmids,MM and ME for weight workouts.... and have been trying to decide if I should get the GS series too, but have preordered STS and dont know if I really need both. I will need more cardio variety to use with STS, and that is what I want DM, BM2 and CF for. I have been working out for years, but am pretty new to Cathe still and it is just SO hard to decide what to get. They all look so great... Thank you all for your input! Shari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.