Need some help picking Tracy anderson or tracy mallot or...

Tfit

Cathlete
I was thinking Tracy Anderson Meta...or suggestions?
Tracy Mallot Booty Barre
Xtend
Pure Barre

My goal is to loose inches and really tone up. Long and lean and defined. Loose about 5-10 lbs or so...more so inches.

What do you recommend. What would be a good thing to follow.

I have squeezes and like them. I have p57 but the instructor I can not handle...lol

I also have turbo fire and love it and a treadmill:)

Help

Thanks everyone:)

:) Love Cathe but wanted to try something different. Cathe does not have anything like these does she...not sure?

thanks

I would recommend Booty Barre by Tracy Mallett. I like it better than Xtend Barre or Cardio Barre. Don't know Pure Barre or Tracy Anderson's stuff. You could wait until Cathe comes out with her barre workout (part of the new low impact series), but it could be a long wait.

I second Tracey Mallett. I have her Booty Barre and really like it. I do not know Tracey Anderson's stuff. I have Tracey Effinger's Squeeze Stronger - loved it so much I bought all her other DVD's this weekend at the big sale. love love love squeeze stronger. love it!

I really like Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre and her new one Booty Barre plus Abs & Arms.
I think Squeeze Stronger is also a solid workout.
Right now I am totally into Tracey Anderson. I have been alternating Her Mat, Post Pregnancy and Meta Omni workouts. She is a love or hate instructor. She gives minimal cuing, makes some strange claims and can be at times considered a flake by some but I love her workouts. You should really check her out on youtube before you make any investment regarding buying her workouts. Her Mat workout is unavailable or waitlisted just about everywhere right now.
I know what you mean when you say you just want to try something different. I have been a Cathe fan for many years and have completed STS twice but I too just wanted something different and have been enjoying other instructors along with Cathe.

....would be no help at all...

but I do like Tracy Mallett's workouts.Probably a cheaper alternative to Tracey Anderson. I have tried Tracey Anderson's Mat workout and love it! (from the library). Would like to get more Tracey Anderson's workouts but not in the el budget o. The Pure Barres are great too and gives a variety, from ball to pilates ring. Overall, can't wrong with any on the list....but I have been favoring Tracy Mallett's lately.

I can highly recommend Tracy Anderson, I did Meta for 3 months earlier this year, I'm seriously thinking of going right back to it (it conflicts somewhat with the running, which she advises against, I may have to contact her offices to find out how to, if I do)

If you're going to do Tracy for specific weight loss & and toning results, I would follow Meta to the letter (do not add other stuff to it) and you will get the results you want, if you have any questions most can be answered online via her facebook page, other blogs, or the community after you start.

It's a winner! :)

Not familiar with the others you mentioned.

I can highly recommend Tracy Anderson, I did Meta for 3 months earlier this year, I'm seriously thinking of going right back to it (it conflicts somewhat with the running, which she advises against, I may have to contact her offices to find out how to, if I do)

If you're going to do Tracy for specific weight loss & and toning results, I would follow Meta to the letter (do not add other stuff to it) and you will get the results you want, if you have any questions most can be answered online via her facebook page, other blogs, or the community after you start.

It's a winner! :)

Not familiar with the others you mentioned.

Did you do the TA cardio as well? What were your results? TIA

Did you do the TA cardio as well? What were your results? TIA

Yes, Please do share:)

I did 2 weeks of the 30-day Method Book & went directly into the Meta Omni - 90 day program. I did the dance cardio on the floor but mostly on my rebounder/mini trampoline 30 minutes a day the entire way through (due to impact). This did not burn as many calories as dance cardio on the floor but it was effective.

I eat many of the foods in both diet plans and ate probably twice the quantity that is in her daily menus, still did get inch loss & weight loss, right from the start & the entire way through.

The Meta dance cardio is a really good fit for the trampoline, it takes a little while to learn the moves, but combined with her 30 minutes of muscular structure, it worked very well for me. (she does recommend the trampoline as a substitute for the higher impact dance cardio)

The dance part is designed to have very little repetitive movement, necessary for the kind of sculpting you get. That was the most surprising thing about her method. You lose weight and have measurable changes in your dimensions. The icing on the cake is you can actually see this happen, from the beginning throughout. (I am not easily impressed this program really does what it says)

The key is you need to do both parts 5-6 days per week, 6 is better (for the book it's 10 days straight, and that is hard!) You're working Arms, Abs, Legs, and doing cardio everyday, to date this is the most effective way I have found, to exercise for those specific results. (I did Cathe's Timesaver & CTX for entire weeks & they work in much the same way)

This is a link to another menu plan she had to go with her workouts Madonna's Trainer Tracy Anderson on How to Lose 20 Pounds in 6 Weeks, it's a little more like how I eat, but generally I eat more calories, while trying to stick to mainly whole foods, little sugar or added fat.

So, all in all I exercised for about 1 hour per day, 6 days per week, and continued a regular balanced whole foods diet of @ 1600-1800 calories per day. I lost 2 sizes 8 to 6 to 4, and 10 pounds, the "last" 10, or I should say a hard 10 to lose.

HTH :)

I did 2 weeks of the 30-day Method Book & went directly into the Meta Omni - 90 day program. I did the dance cardio on the floor but mostly on my rebounder/mini trampoline 30 minutes a day the entire way through (due to impact). This did not burn as many calories as dance cardio on the floor but it was effective.

I eat many of the foods in both diet plans and ate probably twice the quantity that is in her daily menus, still did get inch loss & weight loss, right from the start & the entire way through.

The Meta dance cardio is a really good fit for the trampoline, it takes a little while to learn the moves, but combined with her 30 minutes of muscular structure, it worked very well for me. (she does recommend the trampoline as a substitute for the higher impact dance cardio)

The dance part is designed to have very little repetitive movement, necessary for the kind of sculpting you get. That was the most surprising thing about her method. You lose weight and have measurable changes in your dimensions. The icing on the cake is you can actually see this happen, from the beginning throughout. (I am not easily impressed this program really does what it says)

The key is you need to do both parts 5-6 days per week, 6 is better (for the book it's 10 days straight, and that is hard!) You're working Arms, Abs, Legs, and doing cardio everyday, to date this is the most effective way I have found, to exercise for those specific results. (I did Cathe's Timesaver & CTX for entire weeks & they work in much the same way)

This is a link to another menu plan she had to go with her workouts Madonna's Trainer Tracy Anderson on How to Lose 20 Pounds in 6 Weeks, it's a little more like how I eat, but generally I eat more calories, while trying to stick to mainly whole foods, little sugar or added fat.

So, all in all I exercised for about 1 hour per day, 6 days per week, and continued a regular balanced whole foods diet of @ 1600-1800 calories per day. I lost 2 sizes 8 to 6 to 4, and 10 pounds, the "last" 10, or I should say a hard 10 to lose.

HTH :)

Thanks for the reply. There is no way I could do TA's cardio (I don't like anything dancy) but I am curious about the muscular structure workouts.

Thanks for the reply. There is no way I could do TA's cardio (I don't like anything dancy) but I am curious about the muscular structure workouts.

I subbed in step for a few, it's the least repetitive of other types of cardio, don't know if you like that, maybe a more athletic type of step would be best. The Ironman workout is a pretty good example on youtube, check it out.

:)

I subbed in step for a few, it's the least repetitive of other types of cardio, don't know if you like that, maybe a more athletic type of step would be best. The Ironman workout is a pretty good example on youtube, check it out.

:)

My only concern with the TA workouts is that the upper body does not seem to get worked as much as the lower. My lower body needs the least amount of work-my back and arms are my trouble areas.

112toguru: Thanks for your post. I have TA's meta omni, mat, and PP. I've only done 1 week and then stopped because in my mind I just don't see how these can be effective. I've done cathe for years but i have to say I have a bit more muscle then I like. I wanted to know how your results compared with traditional weights vs TA workouts? Did you have a specific goal with TA or did you just decide to try her out?

I really like tracey mallet Booty Barr , and the second one abs and arms, I find them more challenging then I thought and a great addition to my workout collection because it is very different than the other types of workouts, I have not ever tried tracey anderson, but I also like Jennifer galardi ballet body and extend barr with Andrea rogers. These types of workouts have helped with balance and core power, flexibility that I feel enhances my step workouts, plyo work and give me a greater range of motion in weight training exercises.

112toguru: Thanks for your post. I have TA's meta omni, mat, and PP. I've only done 1 week and then stopped because in my mind I just don't see how these can be effective. I've done cathe for years but i have to say I have a bit more muscle then I like. I wanted to know how your results compared with traditional weights vs TA workouts? Did you have a specific goal with TA or did you just decide to try her out?

I did Cathe workouts almost exclusively for over 2 years from beginner on. I experienced a bit of over-training (or something like it around Oct. 2010, probably just due for a lighter month, kept pushing) went to some barbell exercises from Rippetoe's book Starting Strength (which is awesome) then into a combination Cathe/Alaria rotation (Cathe's & Alaria's latest in December last year) I felt really efficient (with weights) during that month. I started a Gym Styles rotation in January 2011 and thought, I could increase weights, do more, etc. etc. but had a nagging suspicion that there were some others areas I needed to work on. (flexibility & balance)

Long Story:

I happened upon Tracy's 30-Day Method Book & with a gift card & discount, got it for pennies. I had only to glance through it a few times to find what I had been looking for for months. Bar type - mobility exercises, I didn't know at the time or before, what that was, but it was actually mobility not flexibility that was lacking in most of my fitness training.

Sure there are other extremely good benefits to Tracy's Method (you would need to stick with it for more than a week though):

1. Strength in Core, wrists, low back, inner thigh, outer thigh. (I would highly recommend TAM for this alone) You will get strong.

2. Balance & barre work, You could probably mix something up form Cathe's in the workout blender. Tracy's program the way it is, especially Meta has you balancing everyday. It is much more challenging than it looks, and will improve your balance quickly.

3. Focus, If you use her workouts you will increase you ability to focus & relax. Of all the things I needed was this ability to be able to focus on the task & relax different muscles in order to complete the workout as designed. I can not tell you how well this translates to running.

4. Cathe's traditional approach got me started, it taught me how to lift, and what I could get from it. It also showed me my weaknesses. I learned how the barbell could be great for women, for total body conditioning! and that it can be fun!

5. I really believe that as many different things I did over the past 2 years, starting with the Wii Fit & now running 3 miles 4 times per week, well it just wouldn't have happened without all of it.

How does Tracy's Method compare? I think what it does is complement Cathe's workouts, I think it gives you a different kind of strength & works an entirely different range of motion, in an (for the most part) entirely different way.

My goals were mobility (& flexibility with Tracy) and the weight loss was good too as well as toning, but those were secondary.

I just decided that I wasn't afraid of what anybody would say if I tried something different. Truthfully, Madonna was/is a pretty good spokes person, she is very fit, could really have any trainer she wanted, and has to be for her job, I just don't see how someone (not to mention all the other celebs) messes around when they have to get in shape & stay that way.

I took a chance on it, and it worked for me. I took a chance on Cathe too & that worked too. I took a chance on Kangoos, and running, and it's working. I look at it this way, these programs are tools in my tool box to keep me healthy, strong, & fit for years & years to come, at least I hope so.

Early on someone from Cathe's staff said "There are some things that Cathe does not do" I took that to mean, you're going to have to look elsewhere for some things that you may need to fill out your training. So I did. Cathe is the best at what she does, Tracy may be the best at what she does too.

HTH.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been, uh, running...:D

* Is this like my longest post ever? side note congrats Debbie H! :)

Last edited:
And that makes total sense. I started a modified rotation from MuscleandHerFitness, so I can used my gizzillion workouts. But on the days I am not working out w/traditional workouts, sub for Barre and TA's Design and Mat series. I would like to get TA's one day....my wish list keeps getting longer and longer.

Thanks for your post 112Guru, makes total sense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.