Need help explaining family dynamics

If you respond back to the parent please proof read and check your grammar and spelling. If I were a parent and you were to respond back to me with this many grammar errors I would not entrust my child with you.

"that I will be loosing here"
"I got a respond back"
"she ask me"
"who's enterested "

Thank you Clare for coming to my defends! :) Your are correct, english is not my first language. To the person that chose to criticism my grammer....I wll admit that I'm not the most inteligent person, but what I will tell you is tha I'm a campassionate, caring, human been, that will love, care, and nurture any child that is under my care. I think to most parents that's what's important!! Thanks again Clare!! It's people like you that puts a smile on my face!!!

Lourdes Zepeda Layton

If you respond back to the parent please proof read and check your grammar and spelling. If I were a parent and you were to respond back to me with this many grammar errors I would not entrust my child with you.

"that I will be loosing here"
"I got a respond back"
"she ask me"
"who's enterested "

ImFiddy, "proof read" is incorrect. It is one word, "proofread." In addition, you should have inserted a comma after the first "parent." Shame on you!!! I assume you are not competent to care for small children since you made these errors...

Go ahead and make fun of my grammar. I had no idea that the OP was not fluent in English. My errors were minor compared to the mistakes in the original post.

I was just saying that if she were to reply to the parents that she needed to "proofread" her response.

If I speak English 100% of the time in my home I would want someone to care for my child who had a good command of the language. This person is spending 8-9 hours with my child.

If I speak English 100% of the time in my home I would want someone to care for my child who had a good command of the language. This person is spending 8-9 hours with my child.

But there are also advantages of maybe exposing my child to a second language and a differerent culture. Just a thought!

Go ahead and make fun of my grammar. I had no idea that the OP was not fluent in English. My errors were minor compared to the mistakes in the original post.

I was just saying that if she were to reply to the parents that she needed to "proofread" her response.

Did you also know that it's bad internet message board manners to criticize someone's grammar?

I think good manners are as important as good grammar. :)

Did you also know that it's bad internet message board manners to criticize someone's grammar?

I think good manners are as important as good grammar. :)

I think she was just trying to help the OP sound more profesional since it was a business venture. Why does so much on these forums have to turn into a pi**ing match :(

Dear dedicated Cathletes: villifying someone for villifyng someone else = not helpful. By villifying ImFiddy you are doing to her what she did to Lourdes which was obviously not fair. There's gotta be gentler and kinder ways to let someone know they are not treating a fellow cathlete respectfully.

I just had to say something.

s.

I was not trying to vilify the OP. If the OP is applying for a job and her correspondence is flawed, then she most likely will not be considered for the job. If I received a resume with many blatant errors then I will throw the resume away.

I understand that when you are writing a post you don't really pay too much attention to your writing style. I get that. I am losing brain cells as I type, my brain function is going downhill by the minute. I was just shocked at the number of errors and wanted her to be a little more careful in responding to the parent. The parent asked a very educated question.

I understand you wanted to help, but maybe it should have been privately. Unfortunately because we cannot read inflection into a forum post, things come off very wrong, both with the criticism of the OP and then the criticism of you. That said, deep breath everyone, and try to enjoy your day!

I wouldn't make a big deal out of the grammar or spelling. I am often surprised at the errors I see in notes that come home from my daughter's elementary school teachers. Furthermore, I know many MANY highly intelligent people who can't spell to save their lives. One of them was a high school English teacher. Spelling correctly is something you either do or you don't do - it's not a reflection on your intelligence.

If I'm looking for someone who is going to be taking care of my preschool child, and not teaching them how to diagram a sentence, I really couldn't care less if they know when to use "lose" and when to use "loose".

Last edited:
Well, now we have people who are vilifying the vilifiers of the person who vilified the OP! LOL!

And the OP's original question has just barely been addressed...

Last edited:
Well, now we have people who are vilifying the vilifiers of the person who vilified the OP! LOL!

And the OP's original question has just barely been addressed...

Probably because nobody has a clue how to answer it. I don't. I've got an only child, so family dynamics? It's just the two of us and our dogs and cats.

In my opinion it family dynamics are how a family interacts. Such as a traditional 2 parent household where the father is the main provider and the mother is a stay at home mom. Or maybe a single parent household where said parent also works full time. Or any other configuration. Is the mother the stronger figure or decision maker vs the father. My guess in the question is that the parent is interested in what dynamic the child will be exposed to during childcare. She wants to know if it's the ideal dynamic she wants her child raised to believe is right. Just my opinion though based on my guess about family dynamics.

She also may be interested in the structure of the other children's families, not just yours. Same as Hula Girl stated, but perhaps making sure her children are exposed to the same type of structure that she is wanted. That comes off snooty, but no more snooty than why a parent would chose to home school, or send their child to a certain private school.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.