need explanation of PS leg excercises

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
I plan on doing the PS legs tomorrow with the Aug rotation by following the spreadsheet since I do not have the PS series. Could someone please explain the following excercises to me.

1 - dips

2 - inner thigh body bar

3 - outer thigh body bar

4 - Dbl hamstring raises 8" step

5 - single hamstring raised 8' step

Thank You!:)

Hi, I will try to explain these for you.
Inner thigh body bar: Lie on one side (for example, your right); rest one end of the body bar on the arch of your right foot (foot closest to floor); hold the other end of the bar in your hand. Now you will raise and lower your right foot using the weight of the bar for resistance- you should feel it in your inner thigh! Oh, and you can either place your nonworking leg over the working one with that foot in front helping to brace you or you can put it behind the working one with the foot flat on the floor. Repeat on other side.
Outer thigh body bar: get in the same position but instead put the bar on the foot closest to the ceiling, resting the bar on the outside of the foot. Keep your legs stacked, bent approx. 45degrees, hold on to the other end with your hand again, then raise & lower the upper leg. If memory serves me correctly, I think there are 32 reps per side for both inner & outer thighs.
Double hamstring raises: Lie on your back, place the heels of your feet on an 8 inch step & raise & lower your buttocks, using primarily your hamstrings to do the raising. Also, you may place a bodybar over your pelvic area for added resistance.
The single hamstring raises are the same, except you put one foot straight into the air so only one leg at a time is working. Cathe does not use a bodybar on this exercise! Also, I believe she does 64 reps per leg.
As far as dips, I really don’t recall this exercise in this workout. Anyway, I know this is wordy, but I hope it is understandable!
By the way, is that a chocolate lab in your avatar? Very cute!

Dips are just backward lunges (instead of forward). I think the number of reps for each exercise are specifed in the spreadsheet. Kudos to you for doing the workout even without the dvd! Deb

Thank you Diane15.

Very understandable thank you. & yes the spreadsheet gives all the reps for these.

I was going to purchase the dvd but would rather buy some of the awesome new equipment that is finally up!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.