need direction

fitgirly

Hi Cathe,

I am fairly new to your workouts and have just started with your gym series and am really enjoying it. Up until now I am used to lifting lighter for longer, so I'm still trying to adjust my weights, but I'll get there!

My question is this: I am really comfortable with the shape I'm in, with the exception of my upper arms, could use some more definition. I really want to stay away from bulking up, but felt I had sort of maxed out on the endurance lifting that I've been doing. Should I be lifting heavy enough to feel the burn, or is that going to bulk me up? Am I using the right DVD for my goal or is there anything else you could reccommend?

Kudos to you for your Butts and Guts as well, i did it 2 days ago and my butt is still sore! Love it!

thanks

shell

:7

If there is one weight lifting myth that really needs to die it is this one: you will not bulk up from heavy weight lifting, especially on the upper body. Women just do not possess the testosterone necessary to build a lot of muscle.

Another myth that needs to die is that only endurance workouts can give you definition. Not so. Heavy lifting has given me more definition than endurance lifting ever did.

I would say you were ready to move onto heavier lifting with, say, the GS series. Try it out and see what it does for you.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.