Need a new bathing suit (or two)

mrsmel

Cathlete
So, my 8 year old bathing suit just doesn't fit right any more. I'm about the same size, but I guess things have shifted. Or it's stretched out. Or something, I don't know, but I need a new one and would like recommendations on where to shop for it. In fact, I'll probably buy 2 because we're going on a beach vacation in Jan/Feb.

I am a huge fan of tankinis, as I don't do two piece. I might consider it, but my stomach hasn't seen the sun in at least 15 years. I think I'll be more comfortable with my midsection covered up.

So, do you have a favorite place to buy swimwear? Or a favorite brand? Thanks in advance!

anne

I like

Lands End for bathing suits. They have an online store. Click on women's apparel and then scroll down the menu on the left hand side. You can pick different styles and they have tankini's.

anne, i was going to say landsend too. the sears in frandor usually stocks a good selection. you can also order at sears and it ships for free!

I like Victoria Secret's bathing suits... you can buy the tops and bottoms separately.. plus they have the miracle bra suits.. ( I need all the help I can get in that department! :) )

There are several styles, including tankinis, and they have really cute patterns as well as solids. Plus, they are more "true to size" than some of the other bathing brands out there.

Lynn M.

I've had luck with Target-Isaac Mizrahi and Mossimo. And they're relatively inexpensive. Usually if you spend $50 you get free shipping.:)

another vote for athleta.com

my current favorite "everywhere" suit (string bikini is a no no with the boys around-scared it might get untied!) is separates from athleta.com. They have tankinis, bikinis, board shorts, athletic short bottoms over briefs...and really cute coverups too!
Have fun!
julie

I like Victoria Secret's bathing suits... you can buy the tops and bottoms separately.. plus they have the miracle bra suits.. ( I need all the help I can get in that department! :) )

There are several styles, including tankinis, and they have really cute patterns as well as solids. Plus, they are more "true to size" than some of the other bathing brands out there.

Lynn M.

I bought my first VS tankini last year and LOVED it! I'm ordering a second one this year.

Another vote for athleta.com. But be careful when ordering a top. I'm not necessarily busty (34C), but the first top I bought would not work for anyone over a B cup. I sent that back and bought a top that was sized for C+ cups and it's adorable. Have fun shopping!
Paula

Thanks, everybody! The suit that doesn't fit anymore is from Land's End, so I know the quality of their stuff is really good. I might go to Sears and try some stuff on there. I've bought suits online in the past, but I'm just not sure about my size anymore. I usually overestimate what I need and then it's too big.

Maybe if I find one that fits in person I can buy the other one online.

Thank you again for the suggestions!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.