My Take on MMA

xschwarz

Cathlete
I'd like to think that as I've gotten older, I've also gotten wiser. I no longer crave a killer long, high intensity, 500kcal burning workout as I did several years ago (Cardio Fusion, Imax 3). I now recognize that I don't need to continuously outdo myself with each new workout. I no longer rely on a DVD for entertainment but more for guidance on how to improve my form and performance.

With that said...I have to give MMA 2 solid thumbs up. I have previewed all 3 and done Boxing and Kickbox twice. Fusion will be my goal.

I find boxing/kickbox to be so fascinating in the way it demands your brain to coordinate the moves, as you torque away in opposite directions, whittling away at the core and focusing on the goal at hand...defense.

Cathe has produced her best MMA workouts yet. I look forward to more and more. :)

I am so glad to hear you say that!! I don't really like Kickboxing workouts, but I have previewed MMA Kickboxing and the Boxing videos and I am very excited to try both. I think today I'm going to do the Kickboxing. They look fun and they don't look super confusing. I find that if I can't keep up with the moves then my workout isn't very good and I just don't have time to waste time. So with that said I can't wait til I get home from work today

I did Fusion today and LOVED IT! I loved the last combo where we have to punch the floor twice and then jump and smash "our opponent" with our elbow! I was totally pretending that someone was on the floor and I was beating them up. That relieved a lot of pent up stress! I think this will def be a go-to workout when I'm scheduled in the ICU!!!

Becky

I did MMA Fusion today to and I agree I LOVE the last combo to it was so fun! I like the Kickboxing to. Both are great core workouts...I definitely feel it the next day after I have done these 2!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.