My shoes are discontinued...need new ideas

sue320

Cathlete
I wear the Asics Gel 310TR...they work great. They are now discontinued and I can't find anything similar. Ryka aren't even an option because they just don't fit me well.

Unfortunately, we have no serious shoe stores close to us (the ones we have cater to the person that doesn't workout but wants to dress like they do). I'd have to go to Atlanta with three little girls in tow and I don't like/want to do that.

What do you wear for Cathe workouts and how is the sizing (true, order larger, order smaller)?

TIA
Sue <><

I wear asics sepa. It is made as a running shoe, but I find it fits me the best! (I have bought it two times in a row. I went to a store 30 miles from my house to be fitted for a shoe and ended up buying the same shoe i had bought at the sporting goods store up the street, so I guess I REALLY liked it, it seems to be true to sizing. Iwear the same size in nike.) the guy at the store also said it was their top selling shoe.
good luck
allison

Sue,

I too loved the 310TR and as you know, we can't get them anymore.

Recent Ryka styles have not suited me well either.

I just got a pair of New Balance 1007 last week. I have been waiting to post until I had a chance to really work out in them. Well, I gave them the Imax break in this morning and I am very pleased.

Cushioning is good and very roomy toe box. I tend to be an underpronator, so on some lateral moves, I feel like my foot is slipping out a bit, but I can correct this with my inserts. Stability to control overpronation is good. Overall, it is a good combination of stability and cushioning.

I ordered these on-line from brownsnewbalance.com I ordered a full size larger than my street shoe size, so that I could accomodate a thick sock and an insert.

I was debating between this shoe and some of the new Nike cross trainers. You can check the Nike website. I know the Legend is one of the models, but there were 2 others that I was looking at as well.

Good Luck,

Tina

Thank you Allison! I ended up ordering another asic shoe and the new balance 1007. We'll see.

Sue <><

Tina,

Thank you for that detailed input! I did order the NB 1007 and hope this will fit better than other NB that I've tried before. I also ordered an asic (don't remember which now) so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Sue <><

Have you sent an email to Asics customer service asking what they suggest? I don't know if you are partial to Asics or not. Just a suggestion! Usually they don't change too much without offering a similar type.

Sue,

I don't know if you saw the Asics 320TR. I presume this is the model that replaced the 310. I didn't look anything like the 310 and based on the description, I didn't even consider it.

As far as the New Balance shoes, they do make a very wide variety of shoes, so if you had a bad experience with one model, don't rule out something different.

New Balance also makes some excellent replacement insoles, if you need more cushioning. I automatically order the replacement insoles when I get new running shoes, because I require the absolute best cushioning available. These insoles do take up extra space in your shoe, so you need to size up to accomodate them.

I am so jealous of people with "normal" feet, who can get away with any shoes they try out. It really stinks to have to be so particular and then not have any where close to go try the shoes out. I live in the middle of nowhere, so the internet is my friend. I think I will change my middle name to "Free Shipping"!

Anyway, good luck with what you ordered. Let me know what you think of both of them.

Tina

Tina,

I did order the 320's but they were too narrow (and I've never had that problem) and slipped horribly in the heel (even with the special lacing that I learned from RRS).

I did try on the Gel TRX and they worked well, but I'm not so sure about how much cushioning they have. I may go back and buy them but want to try the ones I ordered.

Sue <><

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.