My New Go To...Plyo HiiT Two

Soxy

Cathlete
I love any Cathe workouts that revolve around the step. Having done both RWH Circuit workouts, I decided on Plyo HiiT 2 for today. This workout was tough, but doable! I did each exercise as Cathe and crew without any modifications, but I had my pause button within easy reach. Turned out, I didn't need it. There was enough time between intervals for gulps of air and sips of water. When the program was done I felt like "that went fast." I was refreshed, not spent :D.

My first big smile came in the warm-up doing basics on the step, when Cathe says "We're gonna be up, down, & all around this sucker pretty soon." Then, as we moved through the warm-up, my shoulders and chest muscles were still talking to me from Thursday's HiiT Circuit UB:p. My favorite was the last drill (Jump Up Step Down/Ski Hops/Power 7), which was more of a step combo. Then there was a classic Cathe cool-down with side steps, grapevines, calve stretches, and deep breaths. The stretch is mostly standing, and my reflux appreciates that.

I don't mind the occasional off the beat drills, but the first two drills after warm-up were off beat and I was getting a little nervous. The 135-140 BPM music is fast enough for me, but sometimes Cathe likes to take us faster than that:eek:. Glad the Straddle Jump Freezes & Over and Over Jumps turned out to be the only off the beat drills. The Corner to Corner (weighted) Front Back Lunges were fantastic, but they moved a little fast for me too.

Overall this workout is another big "HiiT" in my book!:cool:

Thanks for the great review! I'm hoping to give this one a shot tomorrow, if I have time after chest tris and shoulders...

I plan on trying this one tomorrow! I love drills with the step. I can hardly wait. You've got me excited :) Tonight I did RWH back, rear delts and bi's. I'm so eager to try the Circuit workouts too, I think they come up in my rotation this week! What a Merry Christmas this is. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all Soxy...particularly those lunges- I didn't think I could be doing them right at first, but I just need to speed up. I did the workout first thing yesterday morning, and my brain was still asleep, so I'm going to try it again - I suspect I'll find it harder when I have no excuse to pause and watch! It's a fun workout. Cathe really seems to full of vitality in rwh, and it's catching :)

Just finished this one -- loved it!
I agree about the speed of the weighted lunges -- I kept thinking, my legs can't be that much longer that the crew's, can they?
I really appreciate that there's no timer on these HiiT workouts. Instead of motivating me to push through those only-ten-seconds-left, I think the timer sort of leaves me counting through the workout instead of just getting into it.
Unless I missed it, I think Cathe doesn't announce their increase from 6"-8" after the warm-up. I realized this a couple intervals in and had a real :eek: moment when I realized I needed to add risers.
I want to go back and do Plyo HiiT 1 again -- love them both and love that they are so different, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.