my most humiliating moment in history

Jilly, who cares what those evil girls did to you now? I thought is was so touching that your mom saved some money & took you shopping for a new outfit. She knew you how important it was for you. Now that is so touching. It did bring tears to my eyes.

Marla

>6th grade.....walking home from school which was about 3
>miles away. I never liked to go to the bathroom at school
>because I was afraid of being harassed by bullies. Had to pee
>urgently and was walking on a busy street with apartments,
>cars whizzing by( no pun intended!). All of a sudden, I
>started peeing on the sidewalk, utter humilation. I went home,
>crying, locked myself in the bathroom and never told my
>parents.
>Lisa

This story helped me decide on which one of the many stories was the most embarrassing. My story happened only a few months ago - I was having a business lunch at a very trendy restaurant with two people who report to me. Well we got giddy and then somewhat impolite. A little two rowdy for such a chi-chi place; and I think we were annoying the people next to us. As we leave, I had to slide out of the booth we were in and I practically had my butt in those people's faces.

Well, the woman in the group followed us out. Already I was humiliated thinking she was going to comment to us on our behaviour (deservedly so) and here I was the supervisor of my guests. She motioned for me, alone, to go back with her into the restaurant lobby. I was dying. But -- she wanted to get me alone to kindly bring to my attention that apparently my TOM had started without me knowing it. And one of the "joys" of perimenopause is the flood I get when it starts. The entire back of my tan-colored pants was covered with blood and stained. I had to borrow someone's jacket to put around my waist just to walk to my car. I don't even know what I did to the seat I was in, I was so embarrassed I wanted to get away as quick as possible.

Oh no!!! The joys of being a woman. I have one sort of like that except I was 16 y/o. We were traveling in Mexico during the that summer and had been at a restaurant in a train station. It was TTOM for me but there were no pharmacies or stores to purchse any feminine products. I had to resort to a wad of toilet paper until our next stop.

Well, we quickly ate and were signaled it was time to go. So as I crossed the center of the restaurant, I felt it shift and travel down one leg. I was so humiliated. I just got out of there as quickly as possible & couldn't even turn around and pick it up. Maybe no one saw, but at that age you are so painfully self-conscious. Sometimes, I thought everyone was looking at me.

Marla

This is a very moving thread and I don't feel like dredging through my many memories to post anything. I just want to say, I think teenage girls are incredibly cruel, and I wonder, do they not have parents or did they not get any attention whatsoever when they were growing up? (Or maybe they got far too much, who knows.)

Anyway, Jill, I too was touched by what your mom did, and that was the thing I brought away from your story. I wish my mom had paid one iota of attention to me in my youth. You were very lucky to have her. :)

Marie

I agree Marie. This is a very moving thread. I'm touched by a lot of the stories, especially Jillybeans. Yes teenage girls can be incredibly cruel.

Michelle

Teen girls are very mean.Lucky for me, I was never picked on like that.I did have one girl who hated me from Grade 7 up until she like my brother when she was in Grade 10.I don't know why she disliked me so much.

The only embrassing story I can't think of is when I was on grade 12 and I just had my daughter.After 3 weeks off I went back to school.The school was really good to me and gave me my own bathroom to pump my milk off.Then I would give it to the secretary and she would put it into the fridge until I was ready to go home.
My first day back I remember be in the lab and I had on a think brown sweater.Then someone noticed that I was "leaking". My brown searter had tw o big wet spots on them.Im not sure what I used for the rest of the day to stop it from reoccuring b/c I don't think I was old enough to realize that this was going to happen and I didn't have money enough to buy breast pads.
Lucky for me...I was in Grade 12 and no one could pick on a Grade 12 girl.Plus, I was one of the cooler kids so no one was about to make fun at me.If anyone laughed at me it was probably b/c I was making fun of myself.
Lori:)

Marie, I'm so sorry your mother neglected you. I can't imagine what that was/is like for you. How sad. Teenage girls can be cruel but they can also be kind. Mothers can be cruel but they, too, can be very kind. And I am blessed to have a selfless, loving mother. And Cathe Forum users rock.

Jo, I miss you, girl! I am so jealous you went on the road trip - but I know you done us Bees proud and represented us well!!! When's that darned meating!?!?!?!

Most embarrassing moment happened in 2nd grade. Two boys had gotten my phone number some how and both kept calling me everyday (separately) asking if I would go out with them and who I liked better. I can't remember how long this went on for but I told my mom because they were harrassing me. She called the school and then one day in class the nun who was my homeroom teacher asked me to stand up in class. As I was standing up she told the entire classroom what had happened and screamed at me for not telling her and asking why I didn't. I think she yelled at me for 5 minutes and it felt like an eternity. I was utterly humiliated and I attribute it to my extreme fear of speaking in public to this day. Funny how the boys weren't made to stand up and they didn't get yelled at at all and they were the ones doing the harrassing.

Tina

RE: Tina

Tina-
Boy, I know exactly how you feel. I went to a Catholic school for 8 years so I have many stories like that. Most of those nuns and priests have no idea how to deal with children. They were so cruel.

Joanne

Ditto that!! Which brings to mind another humiliating moment in my life that I had forgotten about. I must have repressed it due to the deep, psychological damage it caused.

I was 6 or 7 years old and making my first confession. The anxiety began to build as I was waiting in line for my turn to enter the confessional. Once I got in there I totally forgot everything. The priest became irritated and impatient and started yelling at me, at least it seemed like yelling at the time. I got so nervous I peed my pants and it went all over the kneeler. If the person who went in after me is reading this post--SORRY:-(

Michele

OMG, All this talk about pee reminded me of something. I wasn't really embarrassed as it happened at home with just my family around. We lived in an old house with a floor furnace. We used to stand over it because it was so warm. One morning, I was freezing and went to stand over it before going to the restroom. Once that warm air hit me, I peed in the furnace. lol You can imagine the smell. It was terrible.

Jillybean -- Your story just broke my heart. I could feel the hurt -- most of us have felt the sting of rejection and cruelty, particularly during school years.

But you and your mom are precious. I love how your mom saved her money to buy you some cool clothes, and I love how you were careful to spare her the pain you'd been dealt. It would've broken her heart to know you'd been treated so terribly.

The crap that happens to kids can stick for a long time, and I think it can (and does) affect us as adults.

Tina -- I'm horrified at that nun. GEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!!

:eek:

Marla

Good Lord - this thread is making me cry! Jillybean - that's an awful story...

my embarassing moments?

In 9th grade, in our area of Canada, Kodiak boots were the 'in' thing to wear, untied, with the tongue hanging open and jeans poking through. well, I was at a movie theatre, had to go pee, was in the front row, got up proceeded to walk up the single isle, and the laces on the boots somehow got caught on the hooks and I fell flat on my face with a massive thud! the entire theatre (of teenagers) broke out laughing. I then had to stand up and walk up the isle all the way to the bathroom!

another one?

I was on a date with a cool guy in my early twenties....at a posh restaurant. went to the bathroom, came back and noticed lots of people staring at me as I made my way back to the table. I then reached behind me to fold my skirt to sit down (long pleated skirt with a blazer over it) - to my absolute humilation, my skirt was tucked into my nylons and my ass, underware, tucked in skirt was completely visible to everyone! ACK

LYNNE12!!!

I don't know if you intended that to be funny, but OMG -- I'm laughing so hard tears are rolling down my face. I'm not laughing at you, though, I swear! It's just the way your wrote it ... I'm an EXTREMELY visual person.

What happened after that? Did the cool guy say anything to you? Holy cow, what an embarrassing moment!

YIKES! :eek:

Marla

Marla -

I wrote it to be funny! I look back at it now and its funny! at the time, I wasn't laughing! I was mortified....and, the worst part is - when I was washing my hands in the washroom before I made that graceful strut back to my table, there were two other girls in the bathroom. I turned to one, complimented her on her suit and then turned MY back to them to walk out - they didn't say ANYTHING!

the guy? he was cool - he noticed of course, but I was able to quickly pull the skirt out and sit down. he kept his mouth shut! A few months on into the relationship, we laughed about it! I cant even remember why we broke up - he was a class act!

Well, I wasn't going to read through this whole thread, since time is short today. But I really got caught up in it - both the humorous and sad stories. Thanks, all, for sharing these bits of yourselves.

Those high school stories bring back unpleasant memories for me - from the fifth grade through my senior year, I was the one all those mean girls picked on. I was in a very small, rural school (K-12 had about 100 students), and somehow, after all those years, I was still the "new kid."

Let's suffice to say that there is no way in hell I would ever go back there. I don't even like driving through the town to get to the other side.

Yes, girls are mean. I would come home crying at least once a week. I still get mad, thinking of it. It's a darned good thing we don't associate now - I'd probably deck them.

I had a very similar experience...only I was 26 years old! :eek: ;(

It was so humiliating I didn't return to the swimming class ever again.

Jillybean, not only was your mother very sweet...What you did was even greater! Not telling her and making her believe that you had so much fun...That's so heroic from your part.

I was (like most pre-teens) a very unattractive and awkward child. Overweight, thick glasses, and shy. After standing in front of the class in 6th grade giving a report (which I still can't believe I did) one of the other students raised his hand to tell me that my fly was down. I wanted to die.

Another (of many) that I can think of is at my cousins wedding when I was 19. Very posh reception hall, everything was top of the line. I walked from the bathroom, all the way across the room to our table, across the dance floor, and when I got to my table my SIL told me that my skirt was tucked up into my pantyhose. This was when I was still quite overweight and very introverted so needless to say, I was mortified.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.