My local organic store is closing....

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
There's a great organic grocery store about 5 miles away. Everything's organic, and they also carry lots of items that are sometimes difficult to find elsewhere, like chia seeds, maca powder, etc. They also have a smoothie/juice bar that's fabulous.

Just got an email that they're closing as of August 31st due to the economy and it's affect on them. :mad: I know that a lot of mainstream grocery stores are now carrying organic items, but it makes me sad that this place is closing. With the focus on buying organic nowadays, it seems like if anything, they would be flourishing. Their prices don't seem that much higher than the regular grocery stores...In fact, some of their items are cheaper than the regular grocery stores.

Maybe there just aren't as many people concerned with their health as I thought?... Or maybe they just can't compete with the big stores.... Sigh...

Thanks for letting me vent....I know you guys would understand my sadness.

Its the cost of everything and the competition from places like Target carrying organic milk. Thats so sad that they are closing. :(

It may be that the people you hang out with are more concerned about health than the general public. About a month ago DH and I were watching a movie and the main character was in the office kitchen and grabbed a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. I looked at DH and said "do people still do that?" He looked at me as if I had just sprouted horns and said not only do they do that he stops at Brueggers several days a week for breakfast (the others it is for doughnuts). Hmmm. While I thought the nation was moving to a more healthy place it was just me moving to a more healthy peer group. Sad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.