my legs have gotten too bulky what do I do?

Hi, Carole! Okay, HELP! I have spent some time now doing a little research on freestyle training and it DEFINITELY has my interest, epsecially after reading success stories and Sherry Gideon's articles(apparantly, the director of Freestyle training) that were posted in bodybuilding.com. Needless to say, it only give enough information to really get your interest, then you have order a book for suggested routines! I also got a list of authors/books for this topic. I ALREADY have enough books/machines/video's/equipment/bands, etc. at home and my husband would kill me if I ordered some new book with a new theory!

Can you just enlighten me a little. Just tell me in plain English, how do I incorporate this into my routines w/o having to buy a book? What I have gathered so far is that to shrink the body part you want to shrink, you need to work it more frequently and more intense and not with high weights. I am assuming that freestyle concentrates more on muscle exhaustion/high reps/lower body excercises with no weights. Any simple way to enlighten me?

Also, if this is true, do you incorporate .... just even ONE day of a lower body WEIGHT training in there?????? Thanks!

I would not do any Pilates workouts that do not use the stability ball/&/or dynabands. That extra bit of resistance makes a huge difference. You can substitute Pilates for some of your lower body work and will see really wonderful results - hard to get your mind around if you're addicted to weights like I was.
Just Do It! :)

Interesting. I have noticed that women who do Pilates are really sculpted and not bulky. I have two universal gyms at home. One of them is practically brand new and was about $2000 and I NEVER use it! IT is different... it has a slideable/declinable bench and resistance bands. You can actually train every part of your body by hooking the bands around your legs/arms.... you can work you stomach hard by declining whichever side of your choice, you can also lay on your side and hook a band around your foot (the leg that's on top) and do leg lifts, using your own body resistance and the band by making the bench move from top to bottom and work your outer thighs! You can even work inner thighs by sitting up straight on the bench and hooking a band around each foot.... I really need to get this thing out... I am thinking that maybe it will take the place of "reformer Pilates".

Good morning! Can you recommend a good lower body workout for me? I do Cathe's rotations and I have the harcore premixes... for the Lower body I have L & G, lots of her step video's, Muscle Endurance, High Step Challenge, and Muscle Max. The other lower body that I will do is the Firm. Anyway, I have never done Cathe's leaner legs or Gym Style Legs but they look aewsome! Any recommendations for a good intense/low weight/endurance/high rep leg workout.... (along the lines of what we have been talking about)? Thanks!

bump to bring the other 3 year old thread down

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

okay...... I posted a previous message asking for more info... I wonder if I sent it to someone else besides you by accident? Oops! I would love to ask you about Freestyle... is it just basic lower body movements w/out weights? Like, squats, lunges, etc. but with no weights? I don't want to have to order a book to get the information which, seems to be what happens evertime I do a search and begin reading about it... they only give enough info to catch your interest, then they try and sell you a book. Can you just tell me what it is in a nutshell? Also, I have dropped my weight on my lowerbody from 40+lbs, down to 10 lb dumbells for squats/lunges, etc. This absolutely drives me crazy!!!!! And, I am trying to not do legs more than twice a week, this is new for me! Do you think that this is a good idea to completely alleviate heavy weights on the lower body? OR, should I somehow incorporate one heavey day in there somewhere? ALso, reading on Freestyle, it seemed like you are supposed to train a particular body part very frequeently/high repetitions. If this is true, will I be working my legs more than twice a week? I am currently doing Cathe's September rotation, which, focuses a lot on the legs, but I am lowering the weights to no more than 10lbs for lower body. So, how would I add freestyle into this rotation? Is freestyle something that I can incorporate into all my workouts? Can you please enlighten me?! Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.