My knees are starting to rebel against all of this step work

tillard

Cathlete
I've been doing Cathe's workouts for the last 6 weeks or so and my knees are not very happy with me at all. I think it's the combo of the step work and all of the lunges...my knees have never really enjoyed lunges. They just feel so weak and unstable almost. Anybody else struggle with this and how do you deal with it???

Deni

I have to limit my step workouts to a 4 inch step and do it for a max of 45 minutes only once a week. Bummer. Whatever you are doing, i would lower the step one notch; cut back on the time by 25%, and the frequency of step. Alternate it with a kickbox.
Beth

I too have knees that don't agree with the step too much. I also don't do lunges in my lower body work out with weights. I can squat quite a bit, but the knees just say "no" to lunges. I do Kick, Punch and Crunch and KickMax with no knee pain at all. Both great workouts and really fun. Better to be safe than sorry with the knees, I have heard having you knees operated on is not a fun thing.

RE: My knees are starting to rebel against all of this ...

I am right there with you Deni...I did step 3x a week and lunges galore at the gym for 3 years and never had knee problems...

but as soon as I purchase all the Cathe tapes and workout at home my knees went bad!!! I think it was my flooring surface and maybe just coincidence..

I mean why could I do step at the gym and NEVER have knee problems and then I do it at home and now I do have knee problems...

and it is step..cuz the kickboxing does not hurt my knees...

I know it is frustrating...I haev taken two weeks off step to try to recover..before that I kept pushing it and my knees were always sore...

I know it is frustrating...hang in there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.