My Idea To Support Those You Love Who Have Cancer

pressju

Cathlete
Today my dearest sister in law cut her hair off. She is 42 years old, with two children ages 11 and 7 and the sweetest husband on Earth (my beloved brother). She has cancer. Her hair will be made into a wig that she can wear until her beautiful blond locks grow out.

So today, I snipped a lock of my hair and snapped a photo of it, sent the picture to my sister in law. And I put it in an envelope with her name on it, and stuck it on my frig. My husband added a lock of his hair to it. So there it will stay until she is well. Others in my family and other friends have joined in.

So, perhaps Snip Snap and Send will be a movement. Perhaps it will be just our thing. But for those of us who know the helpless feeling of watching our loved ones suffer with cancer, if we can do one little thing to show solidarity maybe this is it.

Blessings to all.

Julie

That was a very touching story. My grandfather died of lung cancer and my little cousin who is 3, is battling Leukemia (and winning!). Please accept my sincere thoughts and prayers.

Julie, You sound like a very caring and loving sister in law and no doubt she is touched by your "snip snap and send" idea. I pray that her treatment goes well and that she will very soon be cancer free.

I have been battling ovarian cancer off and on (mostly on) for almost 3 years with surgeries, chemo and radiation. I am currently going through chemo again. I cannot tell you how much ANY act of kindness means to me. On my feel "icky" days, I think of those who have given me a smile, a hug, a card, a kind word, etc. I feel so very blessed to have the love and support around me that I do and I am sure your sister-in-law feels the same.

Gin <3

Oh Gin I will pray hard for you. And to everyone else who replied, a small gesture it is (as of today, I think we are over 50 for my sister in law can you believe it?). But I think of the people in your lives and our lives who have fought so hard to be well - especially our Cathlete-sister Gin - and think there has to be more to do. Darn it, I hate cancer.

Love, hope, joy and GOOD HEALTH to all.

Julie

Julie~ Thank you for your kind message on my Caring Bridge site. I do plan to fight and win the battle against cancer and pray that your sister-in-law will do the same.
Now, the original Boot Camp....that is a tough one. But, then aren't all of Cathe's workouts?!?!:eek:

Julie and Gin, I am so sorry you and your loved ones are going through so hard times. I hope each day brings brighter days and health.

Julie and Gin, I am so sorry you and your loved ones are going through so hard times. I hope each day brings brighter days and health.

Love and hugs to both of you. Gin - so sorry to hear about you. I had hoped you were done with this horrible disease!!!

Julie, I hope things go well for your sister-in-law.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.