My hormones are having a party...

allwildgirl

Cathlete
I have no idea what the heck is going on with my hormones but I wish they would STOP.

My boobs are swollen to twice their size (which admittedly still isn't very big:p), my face looks like I'm 16 and going through the hell of puberty.

And I'm PUFFY! And not in the cute, Mumble-from-Happy Feet kind of way. In the gross, WHERE THE HECK DID MY ABS GO? kind of way.

I'm not happy about this. Could this be somehow related to perimenopause? I'm 43.

x(

Annette Bethel

Yep that sounds about right, wait until you can't sleep at night, or sweat so bad, you drip.

My friend at the library once said, "we let men rule the world because we are too busy being hormonal."

Geeze....I'd take the boobs swelling! Retin-A has always helped my face but yep, my abs have been missing for awhile. And yep, the insomnia is not fun at all Shelley! I am 48 and have been going thru this cr@p for about a year...x( :eek: ...I could probably kick someones a$$ on a daily basis...

Kicking someone a$$ sounds pretty good.

I'm pretty sure the insomnia won't be a huge change for me, since I hardly sleep as it is.

*sigh*

Sounds like it could be Shell! I also got the meno-boobs which one of my students even noticed! :eek: And, as far as ABS disappearing, that happened too. The midsection takes on a whole new life! Grrrr! I am not done battling this but I have found what worked before isn't enuf. I am considered full-fledged meno right now and have to say that I actually went thru it very easy as compared to others from what I hear. I had a couple months of bad sleeping and several warm, not hot flashes/sweats so I can't complain. The weight gain and ABS is my biggest struggle. I am older then you but experienced M-P later then many. Good Luck.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I agree with everyone one else. Sounds like the change. Correct me if I am wrong but don't women go through this really bloated difficult stage and eventually even out? Not that your going to regain the 20 yr old figure. Just that this bloated stage ends and you start to look and feel better again. I'm hoping so. I am going through the exact same thing you mention with the occasional added night sweats. Those are particularly attractive :-( My hope is if I go through naturally then maybe the transition will be easier.

Shelley,

There is hope. Have you tried any of the essential fatty acids? Evening primrose or flax oil have worked miracles for me, plus vitamin e and B6. I don't have any hot flashes as long as I take the stuff. I get slight bloat now, but it is so much less than before. At 47, I can finally really see my abdominal muscles again and got into a skirt that I had kept from my pre - pregnancy days. I know, it's stupid, but I kept the thing to see if there was ever hope, and there was. Daily yoga, low carb (no white flour), low fat, and lower intensity cardio has worked for me.

Tracy

Well, if perimenopause means bigger boobs, bring it on. :p

I have absolutely nothing to brag about. Seriously.

change of life baby? I've heard a lot of women think they're going through "the change", only it's a different kind...:p
Sally

It would be fairly impossible for me to be pregnant. As I said, I would have a lot of explaining to do if I was pregnant!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.