My HiiT training tip: Double 'em up!

pressju

Cathlete
That's right! I clock in at about 42-45 minutes with either the 30/30 or 40/20 warm up and aerobic section, then right to the double wave section (skip the warm-up) then cool down.

Then to the hot tub for a soak.

I have been doing this about once a week. This is especially good for those who are saying these workouts are not long enough, intense enough (and I tend to agree. I have sold the MMAs, Step and Core Circuit). With the many rests between drills this is totally do-able (you gotta have a bit of Cathe-craziness in ya, but I KNOW you all are up to it!).

Between this and my fav of all time KPC I will work off this chocolate phase I am going through.

Julie

That's right! I clock in at about 42-45 minutes with either the 30/30 or 40/20 warm up and aerobic section, then right to the double wave section (skip the warm-up) then cool down.

I have been doing this about once a week. This is especially good for those who are saying these workouts are not long enough, intense enough (and I tend to agree. I have sold the MMAs, Step and Core Circuit). With the many rests between drills this is totally do-able (you gotta have a bit of Cathe-craziness in ya, but I KNOW you all are up to it!).

Between this and my fav of all time KPC I will work off this chocolate phase I am going through.

Julie

I did the same thing with 30/30 last week and loved it! I haven't tried to double up the other HIIT workouts, but do intend to. I will say that probably you can only do this about once a week -- I really felt it the next day (in a good way of course!).

Julie

I'll have to try this. I have been doing weights or MMA's after one round of HIIT. The MMA's still give me a good calorie burn after HIIT. I am going to be starting the STS cardio/strength rotation in a couple of weeks so I am getting used to these workouts now.

I can't get to the hot tub since it is covered in snow :). KPC is my all time favorite too!

Thanks for the HIIT suggestion.

Yeah, I have done this as well with 42/20 and 30/30. I do all of 40/20 until the cool down/stretch, and then do the cardio and cool down of 30/30 and call it quits. I don't think any of the Hiit's are enough on their own, but I think combining them is a fun workout. No hot tub for me, but I do enjoy my foot spa afterwards! I'll take what I can get.

OK, I bow down to you ladies.... I'm doing good to get through 30/30 & add on abs from STS. I guess it's something to work towards.

measuredoak, i'm with you. Today was the first time I didn't stop early during the warm up of 30/30. I got through the first 8 intervals before I had to take an extra break.

It's always good to have room to improve, right?

anne

Julie

OMG - how could anybody compare Cardio Core Circuit with any of the HIITs?

I find that CCC is way more intense than any of the HIITs. I think if a person did CCC and then a HIIT that would be killer.

Personally, I think CCC is the hardest of the Shock Cardio Series!

I think the shorter workouts are fantastic - I do not always have time for a 90 min marathon....

But I do see the HIITs combined. My favs to combine are 30/30 and the Pyramids because I can go all out for these whereas I have to modify 40/30. I am afraid of 14 in box jumps.

I still like 40/20, but after time I have grown fonder of 30/30 followed by the Pyramids!

And you go, Girl! You must really feel accomplished doing what you are doing!

Last edited:
I find that CCC is way more intense than any of the HIITs.

Personally, I think CCC is the hardest of the Shock Cardio Series!
ITA!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe how hard CCC was for me....totally not expecting it! Julie, you are one tough, fit chica!! I'm going to try your 30/30 - 40/20 challenge....one day! ;)

I did this today too! First I did 40/20 up to the cooldown/stretch, and then I did Pyramid. It's easy to put any two workouts together because they're on the same DVD. I loved the combo - I burned as many calories as I do running the same amount of time. Oh, and I added my own cooldown before the stretch - I took out the rubbish (our flat is on the 3rd floor) :).

Lurdes

i have been doing twice weekly Max intensity cardio (cardio portion only, not step) then 40/20 after, it comes in a just 55 mins and after each session i am completely spent and feel like cathe is really trying to kill me. At some point it must get easier!!!!! what great workouts i love all the HIIT and cardio core circuit, they are perfect for add ons, stand alone or combined together, just love love love them.

thecroppster

I'm not sure I could do two HiiT workouts back to back. I could however do a HiiT workout, then another 30 minutes of steady state cardio... I think that would be more comfortable. lol!

Julie, I totally wanted to follow your example on Monday; I was planning to do Pyramid and then 30/30 but there was NO way that was happening. I decided to do Athletic Step instead of 30/30 and even THAT was hard after Pyramid! Something to work up towards I guess ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.