My first post

I couldn't find my very first post (but I know it was a very tentative intro post, looking for fellow vegans interested in fitness that I could correspond with), but I found some on page 1413 of the listed posts (!) (which are only posts from the latest web site). The date is listed as December 31, 1969, but I have a feeling it's not too accurate, LOL!

Here's the first one from this incarnation of the forum (in response to someone who couldn't get of the Firm mailing list):

"I was on the FIRM email list....for one day! When I came back to my computer the following day, and found 60 messages waiting for me (most of them useless), I immediately got off the list. I followed procedure, and had no problem. Good luck!"

It's interesting to go back that far into the archives. Most threads have something like 2-5 responses, the most in the 20's. And there are several members whose names I recall vaguely, but who haven't been here for a long time.

What fun! Neat idea, Nancy. :)

I found mine..it's not THAT old, almost 2 years. Boy my life has sure chanced this post...I'm no longer engaged (never did marry that military man), still have the same roommate/best friend, don't hav the dog anymore (sniff sniff), my other sister is now getting married, I'm waiting on my STS pre-order, but I'm STILL trying to lose those 60 (now 70, shhh!) pounds. :+ Of course, I'm still a big fan of Cathe, her workouts and her forum family. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New to forum, but not to Cathe
Wed Sep-20-06 12:40 AM

Hello fellow Cathe-ites!! I've been reading this forum for quite awhile and getting lots of great ideas and motivation, thank you! I finally decided to jump in and start posting a bit. I'm 31, engaged to miltary man who is overseas, no children,1 roommate, 1 chocolate lab named Chip, and Cathe fan for almost 2 years. I think that's all my "stats". lol

I've been losing weight (off and on) for 4 years. I've lost 75 pounds so far, and have at least 60 more to go. For the past 6 months or so I've been maintaining, but not really on purpose. My sister is getting married on the 30th and much of my focus has been on the planning and dealing with family stress.

I'm so excited about Cathe's new workouts! I pre-ordered LIC and DM, and added on BC/ME. These new purchases have given me a nice boost of enthusiasm and renewed motivation to start losing weight again.

I'm looking forward to making some Cathe friends....

Connie

No, I think I can take the slacker title for sure!

I've been here since late 2001 or early 2002. I log in just about everyday. I guess I don't say much.

Namita

>
>
>I'm curious. How many of you joined before I did? I bet
>there aren't very many!

I searched, and the oldest post of mine that I can find was from September 28, 2000. But I know it's not my first post. I remember asking where I should start, and Debbie H answered that I should consider CTX, which was still in production at the time. I couldn't find that particular post though, so I guess I joined even earlier than that...

Wendy

The earliest post of mine I could find is dated Sat., Aug. 4, 2001, in reply to a post entitled "instructor wannabe". I must really have a life because in almost 7 years I have accumulated hardly any posts!

I wasn't even a parent (not even pregnant) when I wrote that post and now, I am mom to an almost-6-year-old.

:7

I found mine! Nov. 2002. I talked about just getting my new puppy. She's almost 6 now! I also found one where I talk about buying my first DVD player! It's also fun to see the people that used to post back then. Can anyone remember Sherry "slnewmanpt"? What ever happened to her? She was very motivating to me back then.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Wow! Many of you go way back! Looking back at the old posts and seeing SOOO many names I remember made me somewhat sad. I still remember some of those folks like it was yesterday. Robin, what year was your first post?

Shywolf, I still remember when you changed your name!

Okay, Allison, I've got to admit it: your post WAS dorky! :7

Wow Nancy you remember that?

Well I used to post way back around 98 - 99 when I had my last child but when they changed the forums back then to what they are now.

During the early days when my dd was still newborn I never had time for anything so stopped posting :/ I had forgotten my user name or I too would have had charter member under my name lol I even remeber preordering the CTX box of videos wondering when I'd ever get the chance to even use them - my baby will be 10 next month wowza!

There are quite a few that I still think of that don't post anymore that I connected with ....have no idea where they went.

ETA: Who remembers Cathe's old black and white one sheet page that was the catalog for her workouts? It was just text :)

Fun post Nancy!!

Below is my first post which I wrote on 2/6/02. Gee...it only took me 6 years and 4 months to post 440 times. I guess I'm a major slacker!

JJ

[font color=blue]Hi Cathe,
I just found out about your videos and recently received my first two, MIS and MIC. I had been doing mostly TaeBo and Firm videos and became accustomed to doing both aerobic & strength training together in one workout. My question: Is it more effective to do cardio and strength training on separate days vs. doing both in one workout? I intend to do MIC & MIS each 3 times per week (alternating). How long should I continue this program before rotating to something else? If I want to incorporate in a video like Circuit Max would it replace the MI cardio or strength video?
Also, are Body, Circuit, Power & Interval "Max" similar workouts? Which is the best for tough cardio & strength all in one?
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate that you care enough to create a forum like this as well as answer us personally.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.