My final review of Botox/Juvederm

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
Ok, so it's been a few weeks and the dust has settled, so to speak, so I thought I'd give some final thoughts on my recent "work";)

IPL therapy of cherry angiomas -wonderful, all the spots are gone. I kind of wished I'd marked all of them as some do remain, but the most noticeable and bothersome ones were taken care of. I may go back prior to bathing suit season and get some more zapped. That treatment was very tolerable and worth it!
Cost - $300

Botox - LOVE IT! Didn't originally even go in for that, but he recommended it and my frown lines are all gone. I can still raise my eyebrows and I don't look frozen. I look less pissed off :mad: -- see, I don't look like that,lol. Only lasts about 3-4 months and they'll send me an email reminder when I'm coming due.
Cost - $375

Juvederm - at first I didn't like it. We had a miscommunication and he injected the area coming down from my nose but not the smile lines or wrinkles further down my face. When I went in for a recheck, I expressed my, well, distaste and didn't really see a "cost to benefit" ratio. He apologized and said it was his fault and redid that at no charge right then - didn't make me come back (it's an hour drive) I really appreciated that, and I am MUCH happier with the results. Wrinkles are much less apparent. I did have some pretty good bruising that was difficult to cover up and explain to people. Take an ice pack with you for afterwards if you bruise easily. This will last 6-12 months.
Cost - $500

Just thought I'd give a review - I don't really look any different to anyone else. I notice the changes and that's how I wanted it.

Now, about these small boobs.....:eek:.....kidding!

So, are you saying that if someone wanted to get rid of frown lines and wrinkles, juviderm is better for the cost and for how long it last? I cannot afford to do either but I always see the juviderm commercials, who knows, if I win the lottery someday, oh well:rolleyes:

Rapid Breath - lol, yeah seriously!

Ivy - the frown lines in between the brow area and on the forehead are treated with botox, which was actually cheaper than the juvederm but doesn't last as long. Botox will last about 3-4 months and Juvederm will last from 6-12 months.

Hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.