My DH said, "Cyclists are nice like Cathletes except...

tralaiven

Cathlete
....they just don't talk as much!" :eek::D:p

We went on a 23 mile ride today and he said this to me as all those who were out cycling on the road were waving to one another(including us). He cracked me up! I suppose this is true. He sees me and knows I post on here and that we "talk" about tons of stuff. He also knows I would love to go to a Cathe road trip so that we can all just talk in person. (I could have gone this year if I didn't start a new job.--Next year!)

(BTW- DH is training for a century (100 mile) ride in May! I will be his support vehicle.)

That's funny! My hubby knows I love chatting in the forums, too :) During Cathe workouts, though, I am too busy breathing to talk!
Definitely post when you are going on a RT. I am hoping to go to the New Jersey one next year.
Good luck on his century ride - May is right around the corner! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for everyone:)

Good luck on the Century! My season has started also, but I stick to dirt except for tomorrow's urban ride. Too much rain lately so we're hitting the streets of Minneapolis and St. Paul for 40 miles. We'll see how my patutie holds up, I'm not used to concrete, that's for sure. Thankfully I do have a road bike, but its parked 99% of the time on the Kurt Kinectic trainer.

Hey Dirtdiva: I just went on my second 20-miler today since my injury 9 months ago and my patutie was taking some hits today. I kept standing up in the pedals every now and then to get some relief :confused:. Not even the chamois cream could help this :( :rolleyes: We got some good climbs in...got up to 1200 feet so it was a good workout.

Sorry about your rain though...we had rain about a week ago but this week it has been sunny and clear here in CA.

some cycling love...i love it! i just did a 70 miler and my first mountain climb of the season. on the road, that is. we were chugging it up the 7 mile climb and we would see other cyclists flying down the other way on the descent and we'd "wave"...sometimes it's more of a lift your hand up thing.

nice to hear your hubby is trg for a century, but is it an organized event? if so, there should be several SAGs along the route for him to replenish his fluids and get some kcals in. we have one century here in Georgia that we swear you can gain weight on, LOL...so many good treats made by the volunteers.

I am training for a tri and i have Fallen in love with riding! I bought a beautiful road bike and even named her lol! Actually today I am going to get clips! I have been putting it off but I hear it's much better=}

I am training for a tri and i have Fallen in love with riding! I bought a beautiful road bike and even named her lol! Actually today I am going to get clips! I have been putting it off but I hear it's much better=}

You will have a slight bit of trepidation with clips, but its the only way to go if you are riding a triathlon. Then...poof!...you will wonder how you ever rode any other way.

Hey, I've named my bikes too (currently I have 4), and I swear each has their own personality.

some cycling love...i love it! i just did a 70 miler and my first mountain climb of the season. on the road, that is. we were chugging it up the 7 mile climb and we would see other cyclists flying down the other way on the descent and we'd "wave"...sometimes it's more of a lift your hand up thing.

nice to hear your hubby is trg for a century, but is it an organized event? if so, there should be several SAGs along the route for him to replenish his fluids and get some kcals in. we have one century here in Georgia that we swear you can gain weight on, LOL...so many good treats made by the volunteers.

Hey woman...I'm building my 29r...!

don't mean to hijack the thread but DD I want some details on your 29er....sweet! you will love it! I just had my brother-in-law fit me for a custom road bike. next decision: titanium or steel?

Yes, it is an organized century ride. I guess when I say I am his support vehicle I mean I will be there in just in case and I will be his ride home :)

I had not ridden at all since my injury last summer, except to try out Cathe's Cycling dvd on my trainer once or twice. But I just went on my third ride with DH and I remember why I loved it so much!!!! Especially with a few good climbs like we have around here. I use clips, but my DH goes clipless which he swears by. They scare me.

Riding with clips definitely helps with the pull of the pedal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.