My confidence soared & I took a chance

texasmom

I had been working out for many years, starting with swimming to strengthen the muscles of my back. I had soliosis surgery at age 14 and in my 20's I started having severe pain. My doctor then said, more surgery or try exercise. Well, I was, up until that point, a dedicated coach potato and heavy smoker, so this was kind of a major mental shift for me but I began my swimming twice a week and I started to feel so incredible that I added aerobic tapes twice per week. All of this eventually led to quitting smoking and starting my workouts in a gym. I became one of those gym rats, you know, a permanent fixture in the place. A few years later I underwent fertility treatments and became pregnant with twins. I was put on immediate bed rest. So, 7 1/2 months and 80lbs. later, I had my boys and was thrilled, exhausted, but thrilled. At their birth, I instantly dropped the first 40lbs. but the remaining 40 took quite awhile to drop since over the 7 1/2 months spent mostly in bed, you can imagine where my muscle tone was. Anyway, I worked and worked and the weight came off. After reading about Cathe in Fitness magazine, I tryed one of her tapes and thought, oh my goodness, I'll never be THIS fit. But I kept at it. Over time Cathe's encouraging personality and that way she can make you feel like you can do anything, I became good at her tapes. This gave my the confidence to do something I never would have dreamed of doing before. I decided to try getting certified to teach aerobics myself. I've always felt that I was never going to be good at anything, but somehow mastering Cathe gave me the strength to go for it. I got my certification and have been teaching for a few years now. I also eventually had to have further back surgery this past January, but thanks to my fitness level, I recovered in record time. I firmly believe that Cathe Friedrich and her confidence in us, got me to a place where people actually think I'm an athlete. Me! Thank you for listening to my story

Great story Texasmom. :) You hit the nail on the head with your remark about how Cathe makes you feel you can do anything with her encouraging way of teaching. At times I'd be previewing a new Cathe workout and thinking, "there's no flippin way I can do that!", sure enough as soon as I'm actually doing the workout there will be some little remark Cathe makes that gets me to push myself through it and do it!
I enjoyed reading your success, thanks for sharing with us.

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: My confidence soared & I took a chance

Great story! Cathe does give you the confidence, doesn't she? But...you did the hard part! You kept at it & you just did it!!! You ARE a true athlete! (BTW, I'm a twin! :7) Thanks for sharing your success with us.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Of course we musn't forget the tremendous support that you all provide. Truly, it is comforting just knowing that validation and support and long distance friendship is always just a click away. You know I never used to log in all that much but now I'm on every day just because I get a kick out of just reading the various conversations going on between you all helping each other out and being there. Bless you all.
Sharon in Houston
aka, Texasmom

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.